Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Truck

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Well, finally got a new truck. 08 F350 CC LWB Dually 4X4 Lariet, White. 180 miles so far and love it. Only thing is now, wife said no new truck for 6 years, and she said she really means it this time. LOL:guns:

blacksnapon

Staff member
Congrats on the new ride! The only down side I've seen on the 08s with regularity is the fuel mileage. They're quite the hoss though!

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Congrats on the truck. The wife didn't specify no new used trucks, did she? ;)

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Congrats on the new ride! The only down side I've seen on the 08s with regularity is the fuel mileage. They're quite the hoss though!
Well I don't pay for fuel, so that part is a moot point. I did pull my was rig today with 500 gals of water in it, and didn't even know it was back there. Can't wait to get 1k on it and pull the camper.

Not to mention, that fuel mileage as reported by anyone is just about a lie. It is doing every bit as good as the new 67 dodge. Mine won't rattle like Ryan's spray can at 30k though.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Well I don't pay for fuel, so that part is a moot point. I did pull my was rig today with 500 gals of water in it, and didn't even know it was back there. Can't wait to get 1k on it and pull the camper.
Our dealership car hauler (F350) regularly is 30k in weight. It came from St.Louis one day, set the cruise at 68, and it never kicked out.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Hey Vince, does the wide track axle use a spacer? As I am having a hard time deciphering if mine is a wide track or not. (didn't get the window sticker, ughhhhhh, I do know that it is a job 3 though)

blacksnapon

Staff member
Hey Vince, does the wide track axle use a spacer? As I am having a hard time deciphering if mine is a wide track or not. (didn't get the window sticker, ughhhhhh, I do know that it is a job 3 though)
Be honest with you, I dont know. All the duallies I've worked on, dont though. Get me your VIN and I'll get an oasis for you.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon

Does it have a box on it? The wide-track is a Cab-Chassis (no box) option only intended for specific aftermarket body upfitters.

Congrats on the new truck, BTW!

Ford Truck Articles