Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Another one to the list

Michigan
Hey everyone, i had a busy but eventful day today. First i put my Baja into a buddys heated pole bar, waited all day and worked on it a bit, got some tools ready to tear apart my buddys Fourwinns boat with a 2.3 Ford, I gotta do headgaskets on that. But my buddy owns a business doing work on modern hemis, ive helped him out a few times putting stage 3 heads and camshafts in them, but today he put a stall torque converter in it and just a bigger cam. 6.1L hemi, the guy already blew up the motor, im like how did he do that? He showed me the big bottle of N2O in the back. He said it ran 11 in the quarter as it sat but after what he did friday and today it would run low 10's. So he called me up and i got to go for a ride in that, and wow it was amazing! He had Drag radials on it. Heres a Pic.

100_3190.jpg

Heres the motor, Looks stock rite?

100_3188.jpg

The bronco had a good day, my dad plowed around the pole barn with his fourwheeler so we can get our boats in there without getting stuck, well he didnt plow enough area, so i had to bust a trail with my truck, only had a "OOOO SHIT" moment once, i was in 4 low backing up and i was crawling, not bad tho i made it out, and this is with the boat hooked to the back and a pretty step grade lol. My buddy was pulling his boat with a GMC Jimmy 4x4 and before he showed up i plowed an area for him. Well on my way back to his farm there was a Dakota stuck in the ditch, Dont ask me why she couldnt back up, so she put it in 4x4 and went further into the ditch??? Yea weird. Well she was balling lol i felt bad for her. So i said yea il try to pull you out, but with the icy roads it will be tough, so after she calmed down a bit, i hooked up to her and tightened the strap, and i couldnt budge her. So i had to start jerking and i got her out. Pretty proud of the ol truck today. That is dodge number 2 for the winter. 3 chevys and 2 fords (One of em my dads superduty, that was a ***** lol). Heres a pick at the farm, i took more but it was getting dark out. Thought it was a sweet pic.

100_3174.jpg

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Truck looks great Mike. As much as I hate to say it, that hemi is pretty nice... Guy is crazy though. Still not my cup of tea; just have a soft spot for pickup trucks :)

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Was girl in said Dakota cute, and if so, where are the pics?

Great pics, BTW. You have no idea how jealous I am of anyone that lives on a farm.

Michigan
No pics, i think it would be awkward taking pictures of someone stuck. Especially her bawling in the back ground. Road was kinda busy for some reason also so i wanted to get her out of there fast as possible. No she was not hot.

Michigan
I am however pretty surprised on what these broncos can pull. I would think they would suck at pulling but i have yet to find a truck that was stuck that i couldnt pull out. Even my dads superduty was stuck in a snow pile, (Thought he could bust through it.....) And i pulled him out as well.

Truck looks great Mike. As much as I hate to say it, that hemi is pretty nice... Guy is crazy though. Still not my cup of tea; just have a soft spot for pickup trucks
you should see his truck. 03 Ram with the 5.7, Stage three heads, Cam not sure on the lift, its a crower cam, He has his intake port matched. He had it on a dyno and he is making 400 RWPH. He just bought a 392 Hemi crate motor and hes going to be putting that in it. I have a pic of it on my phone and il post that up. He beat a GT mustang that had a bigger throttle body, cold air intake, BBK shorty headers and magnaflow X pipe like nothing with his 4x4 ram. I hate to see it also but im amazed.

Last edited:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I am however pretty surprised on what these broncos can pull. I would think they would suck at pulling but i have yet to find a truck that was stuck that i couldnt pull out.

I'm not at all surprised they pull real good- it's just an F-150 with more weight over the back tires and a shorter wheelbase. Might make it a little more exciting pulling a trailer down the highway, but for yanking people out of ditches, they're probably better.

Rotten ones (no longer roadworthy) are very popular plow trucks up here- I've always assumed it was because they're more maneuverable than F-150s, but the parts are the same so they're real easy to come by when you need something in a hurry.

john112deere said:
Rotten ones (no longer roadworthy) are very popular plow trucks up here- I've always assumed it was because they're more maneuverable than F-150s, but the parts are the same so they're real easy to come by when you need something in a hurry.

Correct me if I'm wrong, aren't Bronco's the same wheelbase as a F150 shortbed?

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Maybe.... I always thought they were shorter. '78-'79 big Broncos are longer than the '80+, I believe.

But I don't know nothin' about shortbed trucks... smilietease

Michigan
I thought they was the same as a Single Cab Short box. I dunno tho, little bumbed out because i checked my oil today and i wasnt even close to the Add 1 quart line. I think my brand new Rear main is on its way out, again....

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
You sure its not just using it? No other oily spots? Valve cover, pan? All I know is that Dodges always sound sick with exhausts. My future ride is going to be a 2wd Standard cab, short bed, F150 (would make a Lightining clone), Chevy/GMC 1500 (i know), or Dodge 1500. I figure I got my Mus GT, and my F350. Havin 1 other brand wouldnt hurt lol. Oh yea I love Broncos. Yours is so nice.

Michigan
I have absolutly no smoke, no oily residue in my tailpipe. I can look at the water drain plug in the bell housing for the trans and theres oil drops but not much. Im going to buy some oil and look around tomorrow. Im not really liking the idea of driving it an hour one way to school tomorrow like that. Last time i changed the oil. I put the recommended 5 quarts. Then about a week later i checked it and i saw it was about a quart low. So i added the oil and after that it held the oil... I dont know whats goin on i think il take it to the mechanic that fixed it last time and ask him what he can do to it.

......I put the recommended 5 quarts. Then about a week later i checked it and i saw it was about a quart low. So i added the oil and after that it held the oil...

Warning...stupid question to follow:

Did you fill the new filter before you put it on? If not...did you check the oil after it was warmed up? 5 quarts does not seem right for a V8. My 6 banger holds almost 6 with the filter full. Same with my Y-block.

Don't get upset for me asking. I just had to. :)

Michigan
O no problem, I put a little bit in the filter. Il double check my manual but im pretty sure it was 5 quarts. After i changed it i warmed it up and checked it and the level was good.

Michigan
It says add 1 quart with filter change. Makes sense so it will be 6 quarts. Kinda a little weight off my shoulders.

Oh good!!! I wondered when you said 5 quarts. I fill my filters before installing (if it sits verticle-FL-1A) it holds almost a quart. Maybe 3/4 of one. Then after starting and running for a little bit, I need to add the rest on mine.

My Y-block sits sideways, so I can only add maybe 1/4 of a quart or it will drip, but I still add it.

Michigan
yea mines at a little angle as well, i usually put a quarter quart in there and fill it up the rest of the way. I got my manual out of my truck i thought that i acidently looked up for a 5.0

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
My 5.8 is 6, and my friends 5.0 bronco was 6, untill he plowed a tree.

Michigan
HAHA yea then it was 0 rite. lol Yea im gonna buy a quart tomorrow, and take it to my mechanic because yes it is leaking, not real bad but its leaking, and i cant stand that. Im also gonna get some brakecleen and chrome out my emblems

Ford Truck Articles