Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

So now that summer's finally here

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
What's everyone up to? Was going to go to the airshow out in Hillsboro, but decided to pass with 102 degrees out today.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
All I know is my to-do list is growing exponentially and I have given up on it for the time being.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
What's everyone up to? Was going to go to the airshow out in Hillsboro, but decided to pass with 102 degrees out today.

I was emailing Bill and he said Spokane wasn't much better temp wise.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
74 yesterday. It was VERY nice! We're surrounded on all sides by wildland fires. The little bit of rain we got yesterday really helped. One of my coworkers lost his home about 10 miles out of town. It was gone in about 10 minutes.

polarbear

Boring, Oregon
102 yesterday, 99 today. Worked 11 1/2 hours double overtime doing an emergency car move to the Eugene Airport. Can't complain- if these guys would plan better, I'd be out of a job :).

1973 F-100 4x4

'77 F-250 Custom 4x4
It's been quite a while since the last time I was able to get on here, and it's been an interesting journey.

First of all, I moved to Billings, MT back in February after being out of work for 3 months.
The job market in Sheridan, WY has bottomed out, and there is all kinds of work here.

I am actually on my second job here, as the first job was only for a couple of months to help out a local tree trimming company that had taken on a job that turned out to be a lot bigger than they had enough crew for.

My project trucks are still on hold for now, and I am slowly getting funds put aside to be able to work on them again.

My '73 F100 4x4 is still sitting in Sheridan, waiting for me to put the engine and cab wiring in it.

My '77 F250 4x4 is still my DD, and has made 8 trips down to Sheridan and back, without any problems other than a blown tire.
Mind you it's 274 miles 'round trip, and I've been getting 14mpg on the interstate with it.
I can go 2 weeks on a tank of gas before I get down to 1/4 tank, just going to and from work, and my normal errands around town.

My '74 F250 2wd is here as a backup vehicle/parts runner just in case also.

I've been trying to find some off road trails that are close by, and have heard about a few by Laurel, but have no idea exactly where they are.

Anybody close by that might know of some decent trails?

Glad to be back on here and I'll be on more often, now that I actually have my own laptop and internet!

Dan :wavey:

Last edited:

polarbear

Boring, Oregon
Speaking of jobs...

Hertz is hiring entry level positions at the airport. (car prep). Yeah, entry level- but it's union, full-time, and with a Fortune 500 Company. Not a bad deal if someone's looking, and we all know how tough the job market is for young peeps right now. PM me for more info. They're looking for now- as in we could fast track this and have someone working by the end of next week.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
And now that Summer is probably gone starting tomorrow, 81* today forcasted high tomorrow, 65* with a freeze warning for the next three nights...

Fellro

Staff member
There is claims of being the worst drought "ever", but it has happened before, and it will happen again. 1988 was a bad one here, and of course the 30's dustbowl years were a sustained pattern of dryness as well. It can make it tough, but it is no indicator of anything really, other than weather changes, and we get used to certain patterns, so when it changes everyone freaks out. It is quite dry here as well, and not looking to improve anytime soon. This area got lucky in that we have crops, just lower yielding than we have become accustomed to. The sad/funny part is that the yields they are getting now won us high yield contests 30 years ago.... However, some areas have no yield, and simply tilled the crops under.

And now that Summer is probably gone starting tomorrow, 81* today forcasted high tomorrow, 65* with a freeze warning for the next three nights...

Summer's not gone Eric ..... it's just our turn down here now smilietease

I always wondered where summer went when it left here? smilieFordlogo

Well now you know Doug perhaps you can keep winter up there for a bit longer next year ....... please:wavey:

Ford Truck Articles