Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Focus rear brakes

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Looks like I'm going to need to be doing rear brakes on "my" '07 Focus.

I believe the drums are going to be a bit of a fight.

Looking at a parts diagram, the rear brake adjusters, etc, don't look the same as I'm used to in the Rangers. There's no star wheel?

url

Anybody ever fought with a stubborn one of these and have any advice on the subject? I'm sure if I saw it I'd understand how they adjust, and maybe be able to back the shoes in, but...

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I'm of no help. I had someone do mine didn't have time to do it myself. I pulled drum once it wasn't bad once I removed the axle nut.��

Last edited:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I don't think I'm gonna be so lucky with pulling the drums...but who knows. I soaked stuff down with Liquid Wrench this morning; going to see about finding or making a puller for the drums. Probably making one, I think it'll be easier.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
That's what I did.
I took a piece of flat stock drilled two holes for the stud then one in the center to bolt the slide hammer too. Only took a few yanks till it popped off once I removed the axle nut.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Drums popped off easy with the slide hammer.

Here's to hoping I figure out how to attach one to a Ranger drum, before the next time I need to be inside one!

Anyway...the car isn't here, but I got mostly done. The brakes work, but the handbrake only works on one side. :headbang: Tear it all down again, I suppose- the cable is pulling and releasing, but the drum turns freely, so I'm sure I botched something in there.

Ford Truck Articles