Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

78 Ranger Trim

Broncodawg

Bleeds Ford blue blood
Might pick up a 78 F150 Ranger and the trim needs to go. Most of it is banged up pretty good and wondering how much of a hassle it is grinding off the mounting tabs? Or are they rivets that need to be drilled out and filled?

No worries, any good trim will be saved and recycled.
Thanks,
:beer:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Most are tabs, and not too difficult to get rid of. There are some pieces held on by nuts...most notably the the front 1/4's...and it'll be easier to take the panel off to get at those nuts. I can't remember off the top of my head where all the nuts are, but I'm sure someone smarter than me will swing in here.

Broncodawg

Bleeds Ford blue blood
So, there will be holes to fill and tabs to grind off? Thanks,

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...tons of holes to fill.

3 holes in the front fender, 2 holes in the door and 3 holes in the bed. There are multiple welded on studs that need to be ground off as well.

Broncodawg

Bleeds Ford blue blood
Nice trucks boys, have a herd myself, even if all but a 97,7.3 and a 77 trail rig bronco are projects. 58 F100 4x4, 77 F250, 79 F100 old skool prerunner, and well used 79 F350 plow truck. The drivetrain from the 3fitty will be under a bronco or shortbed one day.

This 78 F150 4x4 would give me F100,150,250 and 350 Dents!
Finally, working on getting a bud to part with his clean Cat powered, 79 F600
that I want to build into an eqpt hauler.

Thanks for the tips, see ya back here.

:beer:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright...with a list like that, you know you're obligated to post pics right? It's not right to make us drool and run...besides, we all like pics around here.

MouldingFasteners1.jpg

MouldingFasteners2.jpg

Broncodawg

Bleeds Ford blue blood
All right, twist my arm. :beer:
Wow, I guess there'll be a lot a holes behind the "racetrack".
Thanks,

Attachments

• HPIM0702_(Small).JPG
  • P1010359_(Small).JPG
  • P1010079.JPG
  • P1010366_(Small).JPG
Last edited:
My bed had all the chrome on it. By the time I fixed all the dents here and there, removed the race track chrome, welded up all the holes, block sanded and block sanded till I couldn't take it anymore. If there is ever a next time I'll just put new 1/4's on it & be done with it.

Broncodawg

Bleeds Ford blue blood
Thanks, Can feel your pain. May just pass on the truck as still a fair amount of trimless trucks out there to be found.

Ford Truck Articles