Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

All you 400 guys

Backwoods

Figmentoftheimagination
Ok fellas, what is your cam, and timing chain set choices. I want to build a 300hp engine, or a little better, but still drive it everyday, and also, where to gt a good deal on the parts I need.Thanks guys

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
good deals on parts is Summit Racing always. and Craigslist is your friend for example me. i found a complete 302 that is fully performance built for 1000. and a complete 5.0 HO for 200 that im gonna rob the EFI and computer off of.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
I bought a 268 comp cam/lifters set from Summit. Timing set I got at my local NAPA and made sure it was their best quality and could be set for straight up timing.

My intake manifold is Weiand dual plane and the carb is a 670 Street Avenger. Badger flattop pistons.

I gathered this stuff together before TMI really got rolling on parts for 400's. If I were doing it over, I'd call Tim and go with his recommendations.

This is still all theory - the parts are sitting on the shelf, but I've been distracted by flatheads for the past 10 years......

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I agree with Tim....call TMI.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I agree with Tim....call TMI.

You working off of comission yet D?:suspicious:

Seriously though, they're both right, TMI is the chit when it comes to 400's.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You working off of comission yet D?:suspicious:

Seriously though, they're both right, TMI is the chit when it comes to 400's.

Maybe..hehehehehehehe...no, just want the guy to get the right information which seems to be lacking compared to other engines.

Got my info and parts from Tim Meyer also.

Ford Truck Articles