Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Screwed carb

Seems that at one time someone tried to tighten the fuel filter that goes into the carb. A little leak has now progressed to a larger leak since the carb has developed a crack where the filter screws in. Can't seem to locate a used carb! Would JB Weld work as a temporary fix along the crack line?

Lawrence

I'm in Vancouver, BC. The carb is a E6HE GA (4bbl). Took it off and it may not be cracked after all. It leaks where the fuel filter srews into the carb. I was told by a dealer parts guy that there was no washer/gasket for that area but there was a rubber coated washer that came off it. Any ideas about this rubber coated washer?

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
can't say as I've seen one with a rubber gasket since the fuel tends to eat it alive....get you a little bit of plumber's liquid pipe dope...if you use the tape there is a possibility of splitting the threads and cause a crack....

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Hmm IME once a carb gets a crack in the body its all over, and depending on who you take it to it can cost double what that carb is worth, see how much it would cost to fix it, and if its real high just to find a good one out of a junk yard or try and find a reman at a local or online speed shop...

Well the fuel inlet part of the fuel bowl has been belled thanks to some idiot over tightening. Does anyone out there have a E6HE GA carb for sale?

emtzach

i get paid to do this
i am almost possitive a holly 600 fuel bowl will fit on the stock body does anyone agree and i know those are preatty cheep or free on cl if they dont want to rebuild it

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
A Holley 600 fuel bowl will bolt on. You may have to change the way an emissions hose routes though.

emtzach

i get paid to do this
ok i was really second guessing myself cause i couldnt find any links but i remember pulling this off of some parts carbs earlier in my life..... damn allzhiemers

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
If I remember right, the stock carb has a line for a fuel vent on the front bowl, the standard holley doesn't. I think that is the only difference.

emtzach

i get paid to do this
yup i remember that on the pass side...... mine lead to nothing but the ground lol of course the 86 gt originally was fuel infected prior to getting gang green of the wireing harness lol

Ford Truck Articles