Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General > Sports

Sports Football, Baseball, Chess, Underwater Basket Weaving, Hockey, NASCAR, etc.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksnapon View Post
I've quit watching college games. It's not like they're legitimate athletes anyway, they're all hyped up on PEDs. Especially linemen.
They're pumping up in High School and earlier now....forget about college and the pros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTfball68 View Post
I thought Oregon had the toughest row to hoe...but I just didn't see them losing...and certainly not, not scoring 50+ points every outing. I still don't understand how KState got to #1, I love Bill Snyder...but thought the team was all hype (I know they had some solid wins, but still hype). I really though ND was gonna go down to USC, but with Barkley out...not so sure anymore. I still think ND benefits from inflated pollster voting, but it should be interesting to see how they stack up. If they do lose, I don't see the pollsters allowing another all SEC title game...but if for some reason it happens, it'll be the winner of the SEC against Florida...no other way around it. Funny how things work when your conference makes up 50-60% of the top 10.

And while we're on the topic of college football...when are they gonna stop with all the little brother conferences and do 4-5 super conferences??? I'd like to see a 16 team Pac12, a 16 team Big10, a 16 team SEC and a 16 team Big 12 (some of these conferences are already there or close to it). Maybe throw another super conference in there to encompass 80 of the 120ish D1 teams. Winner of those conferences are AQ's for the playoffs. Maybe do 1-2 of the top independents in the playoffs. Maybe do 2 of top ranked #2's in their conference as wild cards.
I think this is the way they're going for sure.
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxreliever View Post
They're pumping up in High School and earlier now....forget about college and the pros.

No doubt...not as prevalent...but definitely there. I had a guy I played with get busted twice for distribution for steroids. He's now a professional body builder...go figure. It was always pretty easy to tell who got the steroid bug when we'd come back from summer vacation and they packed on 30lbs of muscle. The ones I still can't wrap my head around are the guys that would come in and barely be able to bench the bar and over the course of a year, the frame wouldn't change much, but the same 175lb kid would now be lifting as much or more than I was.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Standing by my gun and Bible since 1986.

Ben
Old 01-08-2013, 11:55 AM
We will Rise Again

bucks77ford has a reputation beyond reputebucks77ford has a reputation beyond reputebucks77ford has a reputation beyond reputebucks77ford has a reputation beyond reputebucks77ford has a reputation beyond reputebucks77ford has a reputation beyond reputebucks77ford has a reputation beyond reputebucks77ford has a reputation beyond reputebucks77ford has a reputation beyond reputebucks77ford has a reputation beyond reputebucks77ford has a reputation beyond repute
I was looking for a close game last night, but Bama looked like a much more superior team and was clicking on all cylinders. Too bad it's not 2014 or we would see Bama and Oregon. The one thing that I love about Bama and the SEC in general is "traditional" football......Balanced offense, strong defense and commitment to running the ball. Being a huge Cornhusker fan, I loved watching them in the 90s when they were dominant with the run and option. I don't know, I just love teams who take over a game on the ground and none of the spread option stuff. The spread option is entertaining, but not something I really like to watch. I wish the Cornhuskers would get back to where they used to be with just a power running game mixed in with a few high percentenge passing/play action. I loved seeing Bama just take over with pure power last night. The O line controlled ND's front 7 like no other. I don't think I saw McCarron get knocked down all night unless he ran. He had all day to pass and the RBs couldn't be stopped. I just kept wondering how the hell they lost to Texas A&M, but it took a lights out once in a lifetime game for them to beat Bama and that's what happened. The best teams can be beat on any given Saturday. Not a great game to watch if you wanted close, but a great game to watch to see dominance and if you like "traditional football".

1977 F250 4x4 Highboy
521 Stroker D44/60 C6
Old 01-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed Buck...Bama was the epitome of 'great team'. I don't blame ND for being in the title game, but I do blame the human vote. I think there were a couple dozen teams around the country better suited to play in the title game, but people like Cinderella stories and dark horses. I've said it before, I'll say it again, strength of schedule should be held with higher regard when it comes to polling. The playoff will do wonders to mitigate the bias human vote, but I still think the eventual answer is 5 16 team conferences, you win your conference, you're in the playoffs. Then have two spots for non-AQ's and 3 spots to invite the top of the 2nd place teams of the conference. Do away with the preseason polls so you can't be ranked high and ride a patsy schedule to the end. And finally, do away with human vote. IMO, the only factors applicable to polling should wins/losses, strength of schedule and statistical rankings.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Ben
Old 01-08-2013, 12:29 PM
GingaNinja

5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute
SEC is the dominant conference.. Has been for years... And people still are blind to that fact..

I don't think Notre Dame can beat Vandy....

Old 01-08-2013, 07:36 PM
We will Rise Again

bucks77ford has a reputation beyond reputebucks77ford has a reputation beyond reputebucks77ford has a reputation beyond reputebucks77ford has a reputation beyond reputebucks77ford has a reputation beyond reputebucks77ford has a reputation beyond reputebucks77ford has a reputation beyond reputebucks77ford has a reputation beyond reputebucks77ford has a reputation beyond reputebucks77ford has a reputation beyond reputebucks77ford has a reputation beyond repute
I do think many voters didn't want ND to be in the title game and it showed before Oregon and KState lost and ND was ranked #4. Oregon or K State probably would have been a better match up for the Tide, but because of the system ND pretty much had to be ranked no lower than #2 if staying undefeated. ND did complete their season without a loss so they did deserve it, but just not the best team. It's happened before that the 2 absolute best teams didn't play in the title game. That's what will be nice about the 4 team playoff. At least than, it will be a little closer to crowning a true #1. I used to hate the SEC and also the BIG 10 because I thought the media overrated the 2 conferences and teams were always ranked high despite the body of work. BUT, my opinion had change a long time ago when started to watch the SEC teams more and payed more attention and just started to respect the talent, coaching and players for what they accomplish year in and year out. I do hope the BIG 10 can get up there again to compete. Urban Meyer and OSU I think will be up there and I'm optimistic that Nebraska can get to the level they once were, but it's going to take alot to do that for any other conference. IDK if it's just pure talent or coaching, but players from the SEC just look ready for the NFL when they start as Freshman.

1977 F250 4x4 Highboy
521 Stroker D44/60 C6
Old 01-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Oilfield Trash

mrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond reputemrxlh has a reputation beyond repute
The BCS Championship game last night was over when ND elected to kick off and play defense. Had ND's offense got out there and put 7 on the board, it would have drastically changed Saban's game plan. Letting Bama go out there and start off with power running while you are trying to calm down, played right into Saban and the Tide strengths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFXDLI View Post
Had to look that up, never really cared for that type of music.

Lester

08 F350 PSD Lariet, CC, LWB, 4X4, DRW, White
Stock

When Dodge and GM build something that will compete with the F450, we'll talk.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:38 AM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

Yeah Buck...the SEC is pretty darn good, but even the big SEC fan I am, I still cringe with preseason polls through week 6 because I do believe SEC rankings are inflated because they are the SEC. I 100% believe Johnny Manziel would NOT have won the Heisman and Texas A&M wouldn't have gotten the ranking/attention they got if they were still in the Big 12.

That said...if Bama can put together a team next year like they had this year...I'd love to see what Urban Meyer could do against them. I see him having the best of both worlds, SEC speed with Big10 grunt. If that falls through, I'd like to see what Oregon's offense is really made of.

Quote:
Inspired by Ian

Ben
Old 01-09-2013, 11:03 AM
We will Rise Again

IDK when it comes to Manziel and the Heisman. If he didn't get it, who would have? No one had a "signature win" except Manziel who went in to Tuskaloosa and beat the Tide on their home field. I know after the fact, but he also played a dang good bowl game. But, I'm sure being in the SEC didn't hurt his chances either. We'll see what he can do next year.

I really wished there was another game between Alabama and Oregon this year, but we could be set up for it next year

1977 F250 4x4 Highboy
521 Stroker D44/60 C6

Last edited by bucks77ford; 01-09-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:10 AM
We will Rise Again

I just seen this thread on the bottom of the first page and figured I'd start it again. The debate has started again already with the improbable win the Auburn had over Alabama. What an exciting game and I bet Saban wishes that final second would have been over. Either way, what a game and give credit to Auburn. They shut up a bunch of CFB analysts saying a 1 dimensional team can't beat Alabama. Auburn's read option looked great and it looked as though the Tide just weren't prepared for it. I remember Kirk Herbstreet saying that if Auburn had a chance, they needed to have a couple big pass plays and sure enough he was right on that. Other than the final pass play for Auburn for a touchdown, there was one other pass play I think in the first or 2nd Quarter that was 3rd and long for the Tigers and they converted it and later in the drive scored a TD. You wouldn't think that an early play would mean so much, but it's all about momentum. Man what a game.

1977 F250 4x4 Highboy
521 Stroker D44/60 C6

Last edited by bucks77ford; 12-01-2013 at 07:22 AM.