Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Got one of these here things now...

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Hey Hey! Congratulations Austin!
:):)

Thanks Roy!

hey Austin...

image_zpsz9dicwqf.jpg

Lil dually requests you come work your magic on her... shes claiming im being a mean owner by not cleaning her while im trying to put her back together..

I know a guy... :D

Most Excellent, Austin. Hope the business continues to grow!

Very much thanks!

Good to hear things are continuing to go well for you. You meet those who have mastered the trade, and treat them properly they will help you learn, as you are finding out. One key rule that I see people not always do it ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS bill or at minimum track product usage per job so you know 1.) when to order product so as to not run out in the middle of a job, and 2.) know how to properly bill the job. Always be aware of your input costs and also account for them in the pricing as well. tools and equipment are something you can't bill by the job really, but need to be paid towards a bit as well, kind of like mileage on a vehicle. And your skills/time need compensated. It was one thing when you were learning, but now while you continue to learn it is safe to say your skills are already good enough to be able to charge appropriately for them. I feel you are like so many of us, we don't realize just how good we have gotten at our chosen professions as we don't have an ego or false image about it and tend to undervalue ourselves. With your passion and attention to detail and high standards, you will continue to rise to the top. Keep it up, you will go far!

Thanks! It's been a self examination of sorts to truly understand my skill and worth. Talk about feeling empowered know all of the numbers, though!
^^^Agreed. I see a fleet of Excursions traveling across the nation in the near future, or probably Transits.

Congrats mate! Looks awesome. But what happened to the obs powerstrroke truck?

The tranny was going out, so she went off to auction.

Kinda repeating what everyone else said- congrats, and wishing you success in the future.

And a kind thanks to you!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
So, my grandfather decided he couldn't wait on me to wake up before starting a fire two feet from my truck...

11040931_10153309302087284_440625091098107140_n.jpg

11870701_10153309303277284_7071898068683335155_n.jpg

11880332_10153309303112284_3352226936321843234_n.jpg

11870666_10153309854842284_4227369360883055203_n.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Estimated OE replacement parts plus labor come out to just north of $600, which he cannot pay. Too little to justify on insurance, so I could use some help here. Looking for the lower cladding in any color (though I'd obviously prefer the gray so I don't have to paint it). I can get a new knockoff tail light for around $30 and live with the bumper pad. Hopefully the wiring is in good shape behind the light.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I like the logo, Austin. That fits in really well with the gray vehicle. What is the last word on the saying on the back glass?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Thanks Doug, I think it'll work well for the future. The last word is 'Shininess'

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
when you do get that new tail light do yourself a favor and get to HD or lowes.. buy a tube of silicon sealer then go all the way around that housing.. make sure you fill the seams.. if not your going to have issues with water inside.. little grease on the little rubber grommet helps too..

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
That sucks mate.
But on a good point, it looks awesome with the writing!! And I have never noticed the doors on the back of those before, look like they be awesome to get things in and out of!!

The barn-ish doors are great for how I have it set up currently. Don't need the bottom doors open unless I'm pulling something larger out. One thing that does suck is that they only open about 89*; I'd rather something closer to 100 or 120* so I have a little more room in tight spaces.

when you do get that new tail light do yourself a favor and get to HD or lowes.. buy a tube of silicon sealer then go all the way around that housing.. make sure you fill the seams.. if not your going to have issues with water inside.. little grease on the little rubber grommet helps too..

I would have probably realized this in a few months! smilietease

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
I would have probably realized this in a few months! smilietease

youd be lucky if you get that long.. even morning dew is enough to fog these things up.. ironically it gets in but cant seem to get out... seems like the replacements just suck for sealing properly.. even the factory FORD ones.. and dont make the mistake i did by leaving them in the house until install.. keep them outside.. seal them out there too.. then install them after the sealers had time to set.

i had to dry them out once after i put them on because i had them in the house until i went to install them. after that theyve been dry ever since.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I like the logo, Austin. That fits in really well with the gray vehicle. What is the last word on the saying on the back glass?

Logo is nice....I think I would have filled up that rear window (not sure of the laws regarding visibility on that particular spot) as the vehicle is so large, even a decent size logo/number is small in comparison.

Back window lettering is also great advertising.

Another thing that was big for me way back when was a business card holder. Just make sure you park that big beast in high traffic areas.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/330800586776?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

This is the exact one I had on both sides of my older company truck:
http://store1.alumigogo.com/product...gclid=COzZztjktMcCFYORHwodkjUENQ#.VdRGJflViko

Ford Truck Articles