Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The ultimate tow rig.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
What would be the ultimate tow rig for hauling your off-road truck or a show truck? What would be included in the truck and the trailer?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I think I'd get myself a dually. maybe a 1996 with the 460 in it. F-350, I think.

I wouldn't want anything bigger than an F-350, cause then it's too big to enjoy driving in anywhere but open roads.

Ryan

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Dedicated tow rig?

'02 F-350 XLT CC/LB DRW with a 7.3 with a programmer, 6-speed manual with a GV Over/Underdrive, and 4.10s. Aftermarket seat heaters in the factory cloth buckets (it's amazing how much that heat helps your back on a long drive...). Lots of sound insulation, upgraded stereo, and a CB radio. Full compliment of gauges- EGT, numerical oil pressure and water temperature, etc., plus one of those Scangauge things that tells you every parameter the computer is monitoring.

Paint it two-tone like Ford did back in the early '90s- silver on the top and bottom, with a wide stripe down the side in dark blue (should keep it a little cooler than solid blue).

bobf100

you did say ultimate right???

Ok it would be one of those 18 wheelers that NASCAR or NHRA Drag guys use. Roll up to the show or meet with a full machine shop, lounge / crew quarters, cooking facilities, canapy to work under plus a whole bunch more. Who knows if I had that much money maybe I could convince and hire Tom to drive the rig for me full time. YelloThumbUp

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Thanks. Its kind of a throw together. The little 4 cyl detroit that came in it blew up years ago and because I'm cheap it is now home to a 400/c-6 out of a lincoln continental. Still does the trick though.

econo61

head pervert
okla
i think i just went number 2 on myself, then i had sex with that truck!

ooohhhhhweeeee! my wife should be jelious!!!!!

bobf100

How about this one I saw at the 2005 Goodguys in Kansas City. I don't remember all the details but was really cool truck.

Tom would know for sure but it looks like it has a peterbuilt plate on the bumper. That's all I got though. confused
Ahem,......it says Ford on the chrome piece on the hood and on the air vent on the side...:rotz: It's what we used to call a snub nose, kind of a predecessor to the cabover design. I used to know where there was a pretty good one.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
Ahem,......it says Ford on the chrome piece on the hood and on the air vent on the side...:rotz: It's what we used to call a snub nose, kind of a predecessor to the cabover design. I used to know where there was a pretty good one.

thanks for clearing that up. I did notice the badges but wasn't sure if someone had just put them on there.YelloThumbUp

I'm guessing it was powered by a peterbilt then?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts