Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Vince is Working on one of My Nephew's Trucks

Vince has one of my Nephew's trucks in his bay where he works. It's an '06 F350 Amarilo...

0605st_02_z+2006_ford_f250_amarillo_edition+front_driver_view.jpg

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
It was a southwest-only factory option package on those trucks.

Mostly the paint, I think, and a few interior upgrades. I've only seen one or two that made it this far north...and they're hard to miss. Personally, I kind of dig the yellow.

Michigan

Mostly the paint, I think, and a few interior upgrades. I've only seen one or two that made it this far north...and they're hard to miss. Personally, I kind of dig the yellow.

Really?

I really like the Amarillo superduty. Not a fan of the yellow but the bigger wheels and Red Amarillo decal on the back set it off. The interiors is amazing, all black leather and white faced guages. They are running around up here in michigan like crazy

Ive seen them in California, they were in the original FoMoCo brochure a couple years ago too. :)

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I'm not sure how big an area "southwest" covers....but that's what Ernie told me way back in the day when I commented that I hardly ever saw Amarillo edition trucks.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Its got a blown oil cooler, thats allowing oil to seep into the coolant passages. The only modification that I approve of on a 6.0 will help to prevent it. I'm going to install a coolant filter, replace the oil cooler, replace the egr cooler, clean the turbo, check egr valve function, and completely flush the coolant system.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
I'm not sure how big an area "southwest" covers....but that's what Ernie told me way back in the day when I commented that I hardly ever saw Amarillo edition trucks.

There was a brief time-period where dealers could order the Amarillo Pkg in all 50 states. There's a few around up here (screaming yellow zonkers, I call 'em).

blacksnapon

Staff member
Are the turbo vanes supposed to look like that?
the first picture is part of the unison ring. The elongated hole is worn. The second pic is showing the coking on the vanes (yes, they look like that on the exhaust side). Third is the reservoir screen (its torn). And the fourth is the top of the engine, showing the reservoir, and where the screen fits.

Ford Truck Articles