Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Officially for sale: 2011 F150 FX4 EcoBoost

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
1 word...

Mustang :D

Now that Bertha is running (and running great) I figure I can sell the truck for a Stang daily-driver (GT w/ a stick of course) and use Bertha when I need to make a haul...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Pics:

7Xs26.jpg

3ihWk.jpg

6IxXW.jpg

6f6DH.jpg

XjrOQ.jpg

Ugb3t.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
but it's worth a shot after what the dealership offered me :headbang:

Funny how a rig is worth 1/3-1/2 less of what you paid mere months earlier in a dealers eyes. Good luck with the sale, and I'm sure you're happy being able to keep Bertha...so that means you found storage for her, I know that was a sticking point???

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Funny how a rig is worth 1/3-1/2 less of what you paid mere months earlier in a dealers eyes. Good luck with the sale, and I'm sure you're happy being able to keep Bertha...so that means you found storage for her, I know that was a sticking point???
That's the thing-- it's not worth 1/3 - 1/2; I'd be happy to get near the Kelly Blue Book value. But they offered me WAY less than that. The offer was insulting.

As for storage for Bertha-- the plan is to buy an additional spot at my apartment complex for $75/month :suspicious:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's the thing-- it's not worth 1/3 - 1/2

Not to keep cluttering up your thread but...that's what I keep getting offered as trade in on the Lincoln...2/3 of sales price 8 months ago. And that puts me right at the break even point for what's owed on the car. Makes me sick to think if I accepted that, it'll be back on the lot for what I paid for it.

dixie_boysles

Joshua 24:15
MA, NC
such a nice truck to trade for a stang...:/

blacksnapon

Staff member
Not to keep cluttering up your thread but...that's what I keep getting offered as trade in on the Lincoln...2/3 of sales price 8 months ago. And that puts me right at the break even point for what's owed on the car. Makes me sick to think if I accepted that, it'll be back on the lot for what I paid for it.
Simple enough reason for it. Think of the next person wanting to purchase it. The dealership has to get it cheap enough for them to make some money on (thats what they're in business for) but still keep away from the "Why should I buy that used truck, when a little bit more I can have a new one!"

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Simple enough reason for it. Think of the next person wanting to purchase it. The dealership has to get it cheap enough for them to make some money on (thats what they're in business for) but still keep away from the "Why should I buy that used truck, when a little bit more I can have a new one!"
Exactly. At the end of the day the dealership has to make some money-- so I'd be much better off selling private party (hence the craigslist ad). Unfortunately it's hard to sell such an expensive truck private party...

blacksnapon

Staff member
Thing to do is look around for a dealership with few to no trucks in their lot. You have a greater chance to get a decent trade that way.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Son may have found something that the owner doesn't realize what he has. 93 5.0 mustang 5 speed. Heres the neat part, no back seat, black leather front seats, no a/c (no place to put it), no radio. $2000 or trade for a small pickup.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Son may have found something that the owner doesn't realize what he has. 93 5.0 mustang 5 speed. Heres the neat part, no back seat, black leather front seats, no a/c (no place to put it), no radio. $2000 or trade for a small pickup.

And where did you say that was? :wasntme:

Ford Truck Articles