Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

78-79 parts

All prices plus shipping, make an offer on what you want.

3 speed trans with OD, it is marked D8 which would be a 78 truck. Prefer pickup only on this. 50.00

img_5964.jpg

img_5967.jpg

Brand new Spicer front axle shafts for a 78-79 D44. A little pitted but will work fine. 125.00 for the pair.

img_5958.jpg

78-79 steering wheel, 20.00

img_5966.jpg

Front turn signals, 15.00 pair.

img_5965.jpg

Front and rear driveshafts from a Bronco, need to get a U-joint measurement to confirm but I think these came out of a 79, 100.00 pair.

img_5959.jpg

img_5960.jpg

3 gauge clusters, all 85MPH speedos, 25.00 for all.

img_5961.jpg

Factory tool box, needs all the screws, no lock key, 150.00

img_5962.jpg

img_5963.jpg

1 pair of Outlaw disc brake calipers, comes with a set of weld on mounting brackets and pads. These sell for 169.00 each new without the pads. 250.00 for the set

dsc04034.jpg

dsc04033.jpg

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
If you can swing a measurement on those d-shafts, I'd apreciate it.

They are 1330, which would be 79. 3 5/8" measurement Ben.

A 78 has 1310 U-joints which are smaller. You would have to change the yokes to be able to upgrade to the bigger U-joints.

Fl.
any information on the brakes? Will they fit on a 9'' do you have any brackets or information / link to get other needed parts for these.

Thanks
Bax

The caliper mounting brackets are included and will work with a 9" axle. I have no other info on it then that.

Probably around 7 bucks. The steering wheel and horn pad are spoken for already, just waiting on payment. If it falls thru I'll let you know.

Is the rear drive shafts different on 78 to 79 broncos also? I need the rear more that the front but might be a good idea to up grade the yokes on both to the larger size anyway since this bronco will see fourwheeling.
John

Yes the rear drive shaft would need the bigger yoke as well.

I will try to see about getting the yokes. Are they 79 only or would some from an 80's model be likely to be the same.
In the mean time I would like to get the lights if possible do you pay-pal or do I need to mail payment?
Thanks
JOhn
john.in.az at cox.net

You can paypal me at [email protected]. If you want to send 20.00 I'll get them shipped out when I get back home, probably before the weekend.

As far as the yokes go I don't know anything about 80-up. Check with a local J/Y as they should have a book that shows what fits what.

73FordF100

Georgia Chapter member
Georgia
Sorry a little off topic, I didn't know there was such a thing as a 3-speed with OD with a factory floor shifter. I knew there was a factory floor-shifted 4-speed with granny but not like this. I didn't even know they had OD back then on these trucks.

I saw one before on a completely stock & I am pretty shure not messed with one my cousin's dad had. 78 f100 or 150 2wd with a small block & that tranny with floor shift. Looked exactly like that.
John

Ford Truck Articles