Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Willing to pay for help with rebuild, 78 F250 4WD

Hi all,
new to the site, so I hope I can locate someone in Idaho to help me finish rebuilding my 78 F250 4WD.
Bought it in winter of 2013 (Jan to be exact).
Drove it home from Reno to Boise. it was a runner and driver.
All stock, 351M, 2BBL, C6 auto, factory AC.
Like I said, all stock. but the nice thing, being from Sacramento area its whole life, rust was minimal
(some like to say 'rust free', but nothing made of steel is rust free (that's 35 years old)). ha
But it's solid. doors, fenders, frame. The worst rust was the mid tank shelf
(they always collect water and start to rust. but I removed that and fixed it. )

anyway, my rebuild began with trying to fix the rear seal leak (driveway was getting oiled). arrgg
one thing lead to the next and... 2 1/2 years later it's still in the garage waiting to be put back together. (sad)
Basically I was derailed with rotator cuff tear (then surgery) which put me out of commission for more than a year,
then my left Knee (torn meniscus) sidelined me.
Now back to 90% (or so) and needing to get this thing back together.

I 'did not' remove or disassemble the engine or transmission (they were working just fine).
But I stripped down the 4WD hubs, Front calipers and completely rebuilt those. thats all put back together and needs no work.
I removed the front clip, fenders, radiator, PS pump, alternator, and pretty much everything that bolted to the engine.
Even took the carb off for rebuild. so all of that needs to be put back on.
the original plan was to paint the truck. I thought it would be easier if the fenders and doors were off,
but now, I just want it all back together. painting is off the table.
(note: I did not remove doors from hinges, so alinment is still same).
I have all new (OEM or as good as OEM parts) to put back on. seals, etc.
I also stripped the front dash. the heater hose duct (paper) was completely trashed,
so I pull it all out and have new to put back in. the plan was to get the heater and AC working.
(I have new condenser and exchanger is good. just need to purge system and refill.)

anyway, I'm rambling and can discuss details when you contact me.
if you're in Idaho and have knowledge of these trucks (or know someone who does)
and would like to make a few bucks, please email me (or send PM).

thanks
Bill
Meridian, ID.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
What's your time table for wanting it done?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Eric is a pretty competant guy...I'd sure talk to him about it.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Maybe with this cool weather I'll have some extra time in the next week or two (Ice delivery, it gets hot I get busy) to where I can swing by and check it out. Looks pretty clean from the pics so might be able to work some magic on that paint as well.

I work in Boise, live in south Nampa so Meridian is relatively on my way home.

ha ha, this is too funny.
Tried to post PM and this is what I got.

"An error has occurred oilseed! You must have 5 posts in order send Private Messages. Your current post count is 4."

so adding this post to make 5 (and THEN send you PM). smiliegitrdone

arrgg:
"Sorry, You should have 10 posts before you can send a new PM now you have 5 posts, But you can still able to send PM to staff The Admin."
:headbang:

Eric, send 'ME' a PM with your phone number and I'll call you tomorrow.
rules! :guns:

Ford Truck Articles