Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Starting problems!!!

I have a 03 ford f150 180,000 miles for about 3 months the truck has been real slow to crank, we'll the other day I was driving home an I heard a weird noise an a strong odor well I got out of the truck saw it was my alternator making noise so got back in continued home radio cut out battery light came on but I made it home...so I new my alternator was bad so I replaced it jumped my truck cause I had drained the battery well the battery wouldn't charge well I had a warranty on the battery so I just went an got a new one put it in the truck cranked right up but the battery light is still on an after bout 30 mins of driving I turned it off an tried to crank it back when I did it had a weak crank again not as bad as the beginning but still not right is there any suggestions on what to do I'm tired of using google lol thanks in advance!!!

blacksnapon

Staff member
An alternator maintains a charge, so it needs a voltage signal to work. Fuses, fusible links, connectors, yes, bad alternator or battery. All can be a cause.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts