Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

performance parts?

havi

third member
http://www.pawinc.com/try this link: www.tmeyerinc.com

tim meyer is the guru for the m engine as far as i am concerned. when you need those hard to find parts, he has them.
Absolutely what he said. I'm going the route Dan Lee and Tim Meyer did with Dan's 434 stroker EFI project for my 87 tbird. On a lesser expensive route, just using an aftermarket timing chain set up to zero advance/retard will help. And making a 351M into a 400 is the best to do...just need a 400 crank and pistons. Followed by an Edelbrock aluminum intake and 4bbl carb. I could get into specifics, but that all depends on what you want, I guess. Consider this: in 1971, the first year the 400 was produced, it was built with higher compression and better performance than any 400 (or 351M) from 1972 -1982. Why? because it was not smogged at all. Figuratively, just recreating the factory 400 from 1971 is leaps and bounds ahead.

Last edited:

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
well since nobody has said it yet, the best performance product made for the 335 series is a 460 swap... :D

Just kiddin yall.
Looked at most of those links, lots of good options..

Finding the parts may be harder, and they will cost more, but a Ford 400 will kill a 383 Chevy. Sometime, when when I'm not so tired from managing snow and ice operations, I'll give you some facts.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Hi Mud Rat, welcome! Another Buckeye, huh? I'm from that part of the country.... a long, long time ago. Stay warm, looks like winter hit big-time this year.

Bill will correct me here, but the only major difference between the two is the deck height.
Crank, rods, pistons, and pushrods are different.
All else is the same.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts