Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Extended radius arms

Ok well ive asked this on every other site and im prolly gonna get the same answers here but oh well. Im lookin for extended arms for the 73-79 model f-150s. I already know about the ones from bronco graveyard,cageoffroad, and james duff. Is there anyone else that offers them? How about modifying the factory ones? Anyone ever done this?

Cheeto

blacksnapon

Staff member
As far as I know, the aftermarket is the only way to get it done, (other than making them yourself). If you want a radical lift, they are pretty much a requirement.

Well heres the deal. Ive got a low milage 79 F-350 Crew Cab long bed i want to convert to 4wd. I want to go with coils for the flex and ride. Stock arms are to short. Where they would bolt up is where the frame bends. So basically il only have half the holes in the brakets that will hit. The other half are hangin in mid air. I like the cageoffroad arms because of the adjustable rod end. Id just like somethin that looks alot cooler. Id even be willing to use a 4 link setup.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Well heres the deal. Ive got a low milage 79 F-350 Crew Cab long bed i want to convert to 4wd. I want to go with coils for the flex and ride. Stock arms are to short. Where they would bolt up is where the frame bends. So basically il only have half the holes in the brakets that will hit. The other half are hangin in mid air. I like the cageoffroad arms because of the adjustable rod end. Id just like somethin that looks alot cooler. Id even be willing to use a 4 link setup.
When you go with coils, make sure everything is solid. Live axles and coils are the first step in the "death wobble".

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Like Vince said, Coil springs can be very unforgiving if set up improper. Spend as much time researching as you can. I ended up using the stock radius arms for a 78-79 on my build along with dropped mounting brackets, but I also fabbed up extra supports to keep everything stiff.

ive been researching for a year. I know what to do i just cant find anything i liek in the radius arms. who knows. Tomorrow im gonna cut up a set of factory arms and see what happens.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
No offense Dave, but the more I think about it, the more cutting and welding the stock arms scares me. How are you planning to lengthen them?

Theres a place near where i work called rocket chassis. They make most of the chassis for the dirt track cars in the country. the guys kid is the richards kid makin a big deal in the outlaw cars. Anyhow i can get the DOM tubing there. Id just need to get some rod ends . I could either use weld in bungs or he said they can thread the tubing.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Just give me the trucks. That will be less stress on you. I'm just looking out for your health. :)

Ford Truck Articles