Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

6.0 Tear Down

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
wouldnt use Perfect yet... its atleast running... still need to get this rolling miss out of the engine... runs a little better with the EGR unplugged though...

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
1/2 a tanks worth. Which is usually around 180 sum miles.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
my truck has my curiosity peeked now..

i filled her up at the beginning of the week and been running all over the place with her all week.. to and from work all my little errands.. i looked down today when i got to work to see this...

image_zpsaqqq7tu7.jpg

now usually just driving to and from work by the time ive hit 100 miles like she has now. im sitting either on or near 3/4 tank before i rebuild the engine.. Now im starting to wonder once of 3 things... 1. if she was running far worse than i thought back then bleeding the tank dry.. 2. Shes running super lean atm.. 3. she not running on all cyls again and is where that miss/lopey feeling im getting is coming from when shes warmed up..

ive never before with her had 100 miles on the tank and still saying its full...

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
LOL LIL duleee found sumptin else for ya to fix.........'

Sending unit on the fuel pump

LMAO

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
actually in the 12 mile trip home she dropped to the bottom end of the Full mark.. lol

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Found out my tuner could datalog so figured id give it a shot. Was surprised to see the results.

image_zps9w5wk3mg.jpeg

Not sure but would say thats a pretty steep drop in injector pulse timing for something that was sitting at idle the whole time.

Ford Truck Articles