Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Got the 'new' 400 in

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm liking this possibility. However, if it is a tranny mount, would it just be a problem at the speeds I specified? I figured it would be continuous.

They're all good.

Don't want to sound like a smartazz, but when you checked them was it in neutral with the e brake off?

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
It might just be the rubber part of it seperated some and it only does it at a certain speed. Does it do it if ya match the rpms in a lower gear?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Don't want to sound like a smartazz, but when you checked them was it in neutral with the e brake off?

e brake...what's that...haha. And actually yes it was in neutral...given this was done 2 months ago, so there is always that possibility. Guess I better check again, huh.

It might just be the rubber part of it seperated some and it only does it at a certain speed. Does it do it if ya match the rpms in a lower gear?

Haven't tried that.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It was just a thought considering you've just done 2 longer drives.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Try it then and if it does it in that one go down to first. Also try it with the transfer case engaged.

Will do...

It was just a thought considering you've just done 2 longer drives.

Very true...and when you do as much driving as I do in such short periods of time, you kinda forget about how many miles. Hell, I wouldn't doubt that I've put 2-2500 miles on the rig in the last two months.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Tires ok?...any signs of tread/belt separation?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
ummmmm........................... pics or it didn't happen.smilietease The engine swap that is.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
ummmmm........................... pics or it didn't happen.smilietease The engine swap that is.

I can't say I'm surprised by this post...but what I am surprised about is it's been 6 pages and no one has said anything about any pics until Lee's post.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I can't say I'm surprised by this post...but what I am surprised about is it's been 6 pages and no one has said anything about any pics until Lee's post.

I know, I'm really suprised that I'm the first as well.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I know, I'm really suprised that I'm the first as well.

Well don't worry...I'll get some pics the next time I head to the Bronco...and you're in luck I'm headed there tomorrow.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts