Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Help with vacuum air intake/after throttle body

Hey there. I have an 88 F250 460 and I have a vacuum line from the back of the throttle body next to the firewall. I'm not sure where it is supposed to plug into. Can someone help?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey there. I have an 88 F250 460 and I have a vacuum line from the back of the throttle body next to the firewall. I'm not sure where it is supposed to plug into. Can someone help?

It's the #12 in the diagram that I can't determine where it connects.
8a299076d4dbe56b7ac714980d44ddad.jpg

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I will see if I can get a look at my '89 460 today, if the weather cooperates. Thanks for the diagram. That helped.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Sorry for the late reply. I can't see behind the throttle body very well, but I believe that 1/4" tube goes to a box that is mounted on top of the A/C unit on the firewall.

I'm guessing the vacuum tube is to bump up the idle speed when the A/C is in service? Just a guess.

Sorry for the late reply. I can't see behind the throttle body very well, but I believe that 1/4" tube goes to a box that is mounted on top of the A/C unit on the firewall.

I'm guessing the vacuum tube is to bump up the idle speed when the A/C is in service? Just a guess.
Thanks

Fellro

Staff member
It actuates the heater door and other blend doors, the box is the reservoir.

Ford Truck Articles