Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

351 Cleveland

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
ok guys, im looking into 4bbl intake and carbs.

looking at Holley 600 cfm or 650 cfm 4bbls. not going for edelbrock carb...

what type of intake should i go with? im not big on Carb'd intakes.

so any suggestions on what i should lean towards?

edelbrock aluminum 4 barrel intake, performer

if money lands right i'll go headers also...

am i able to run 351M/400 headers.. since they made those in trucks... and all the cleveland headers won't quite fit probably..

u can find headers cheap, i bought some off craigslist for 50 bucks new in the box.

as for if 351m headers fit a 351c, I have no idea??

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Crazy idea and I'm going out on a limb but why don't you leave well enough alone and save your money. Like two posts in money is an issue. Take some money and save it until you have enough that you will feel comfortable spending it so you don't wind up in a bind.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
i can do just bout anything i want right now... but i want to put it towards a new truck...

Then do that...don't sink another nickel into that truck, then go find yourself a truck that you KNOW you will KEEP for the next 5 years. Those goodies I linked to, coupled with sale money from your truck could do some good as a down payment.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
i can do just bout anything i want right now... but i want to put it towards a new truck...

Then why even bother wasting money on this truck? Just go to the dealer and get something if you already have a budget for it. If anything get a cheap paint job for it so it at least looks better and sell it for a little more than you could get now.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Then why even bother wasting money on this truck? Just go to the dealer and get something if you already have a budget for it. If anything get a cheap paint job for it so it at least looks better and sell it for a little more than you could get now.

I believe the Maaco $199 special could probably get him another 1000 out of the truck...assuming in it's current condition it's a $12-1500 truck.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
The trouble with the current truck is that 99.5% of people wouldn't touch a pickup with a really old drivetrain platform swapped in. For most people, that truck would have to have a fuel injected 300, 302, or 351w to be 'okay.'

If you could manage to get a nice paint matching done on that bed, you could probably get more out of the truck.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles