Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

new member pictures of my 1969 made a couple of mods

Mmmm Utes. One of the few cars I could see myself paying well to import.

Here's some pics to drool over Austin

XR8_front.jpg

XR8_rear.jpg

XR8_dash.jpg

I know its a GM product but they have already got some cars over in L.A for testing as police cars and are looking at sending utes over in LHD format.

Holden_ute_SS-V_m_m.jpg

http://rapidproprototyping.blogspot.com/2011/06/commodore-ute-to-us-100000-votes-needed.html

Mmmm Utes. One of the few cars I could see myself paying well to import.

XR8_front.jpg

XR8_rear.jpg

XR8_dash.jpg

I know its a GM product but they have already got some cars over in L.A for testing as police cars and are looking at sending utes over in LHD format.

Holden_ute_SS-V_m_m.jpg

Commodore Ute to US: 100,000 votes needed!
According to The Age Drive and an article by Barry Park, we are again set to export our Commodore Ute to the US.

The article is as follows:

US website rallies to GM's Twitter call of 'If you ask for an El Camino ute, we'll do it'.

An off-the-cuff quip from General Motors' newly appointed chief marketing officer could be just the thing to help Holden's cause to sell the Commodore ute in the US.

http://rapidproprototyping.blogspot.com/2011/06/commodore-ute-to-us-100000-votes-needed.html

If you want to see a cool utes look up HSV R8 Maloo ute and FPV super pursuit ute.

They are really cool - i hope they don't kill off the falcon though..... still miss my old EF fairmont

So is your 69 right hand drive? Did Ford manufacture right hand drive on the old ones? Seems like I've seen one, on one of the car shows that come on Saterday morning or somthing. If not, did you convert it? Curious... looks like that thing is gonna be super wicked. Have you figured out the bed problems yet?

Ford have always made right hand drive pickups, i know of factory right hand drive 56 pickups.From what i can gather right hand drives were made in Canada, my cab was made in Canada and built in Sydney. Earlier ones were built in Australia and South Africa. On mine you can see on the fire wall were the left hand drive would have gone.You may not have noticed that i live in Australia so it's no problem for me.Parts are very hard to come by as f trucks have never been very popular here ,so i import alot of my parts but tubs are a bit big to import. A mint 67-72 f100 tub would be worth about $2,500 to $3,000 with or without tailgate, heard of someone paying $4,500 for a good tub.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

XR8_front.jpg

XR8_rear.jpg

XR8_dash.jpg

There was a yellow one of those that ran at Pinks All Out last year...I wanna say it ran a mid-9's 1/4.

They do the same mods to them as you do, twin turbos or super charger but they are a light vehicle compared to US pick ups. The GM version the commodore R8 maloo ute uses the same floor pan as your pontiac gto with 6.2ltr ls2. We have a thing for high performance utes in Australia and the car manufacturers buld these utes for us that are quicker than most sports cars. I can buy a 500hp ford ute from the dealer,just need to pay for the petrol[gas] and they need to be run on 98 octane.
imagesCA9T2BQF.jpg

Australian ute in the USA

They are really cool - i hope they don't kill off the falcon though..... still miss my old EF fairmont
GMH in AUS have the pontiac left hand drive floor pan which they put our statesman,long wheel base luxury sedan. GMH used it for the US police as it has more rear seat room for protection barrier and large boot for all police stuff and rear wheel drive. The ute would be a hit in the states with its 6.2ltr 6speed four wheel independent suspension and a lot quicker than a porsche boxter, mustang drivers would have to watch out, until it pulled away. From what i've read Ford world is looking at giving us a ford soreass [taurus] which is front wheel drive, wont sell here with front wheel drive and it's not a looker.

GMH in AUS have the pontiac left hand drive floor pan which they put our statesman,long wheel base luxury sedan. GMH used it for the US police as it has more rear seat room for protection barrier and large boot for all police stuff and rear wheel drive. The ute would be a hit in the states with its 6.2ltr 6speed four wheel independent suspension and a lot quicker than a porsche boxter, mustang drivers would have to watch out, until it pulled away. From what i've read Ford world is looking at giving us a ford soreass [taurus] which is front wheel drive, wont sell here with front wheel drive and it's not a looker.

Hopefully they have a rethink - we got a pile of the mid 90s taurus's out here as jap imports and you either loved the styling or hated it besides for the same amount of coin you could get a camry with the same room and better reliabilty not to mention the fact that parts were a problem with them especially the a/t as that semed to be the weak link with them back then.
A friend of mine has an 08 VE-V ute 6.0 and it goes like the clappers.

When my truck was put on the road out here the po had to get new headlights from Aussie - they were almost $800.00 for the pair - they have to be changed as we drive on the left side of the road so the lens must be cut so the light goes more to the left hand side of the road (especially when on low beam) so as not to dazzle oncoming drivers...... idk know if it would be a good idea to fit them to your rig because of that

Sweet truck, real nice, cool right hand drive and love the tailight setup. The engine is strange over here, but all that matters to me is lots of horsepower. It sits just right over the tires too. Wow.smilieFordlogo

Manimal

California Chapter member
Very nice truck! What did the taillights come from?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts