Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Drag link Dropouts

I cannot quite believe this, but almost simultaneously (meaning, within the last month) THREE of my company 2000 F350s have DROPPED their DRAG LINK. Castle nuts gone, two destroyed backing plates and a pain in the differential for ME....
Checked all the others... why the HECK don't these have cotter pins???
I guess I'll just have to use locktite on em... any ideas? this common, or what?

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
you stated castle nuts? castle nuts should have had cotter pins, then we used cotter pins on everything anyway. do you do all the work on the trucks or has someone else been doing the service work?

you stated castle nuts? castle nuts should have had cotter pins, then we used cotter pins on everything anyway. do you do all the work on the trucks or has someone else been doing the service work?
Since I am also on the road quite a bit, the trucks get sent to KCR in joplin often for service. I hate the place. They started using them before I even started here, and keep sending stuff over there even though time and time again I point out service they SAY they did was NOT done. Case in point: The very trailer I am pulling was in there two weeks ago for a service and lube. When I got under it to inspect it this trip, the Slack adjusters were as dry as a bone and hadn't been greased. I have even said before, that if they continue to send trucks over there I'm not going to touch them, but they claim they can't get anyone else to work on them in a reasonable period of time.
Maybe so, but maybe they can get to them so QUICK because they don't actually DO the WORK.....:headbang: :bs:

Ford Truck Articles