Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tis the season!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
The end of the season, actually! Boats are coming out of the water which means it's time to clean them up before winter storage.

Worked on a fun one today - this fine vessel sat for about seven years before being bought from the current owner's neighbor. He contacted my detailing partner who farmed the job out to me (I wonder why... :D)

After about 4 washes, no kidding - this crap was impossible to get out - it's at this point. I'll have 8 hours into the whole shebang by the time I write out the bill. The owner is in awe at how it stands as of now. Got some touch ups in the morning then off to the bank with a fat check!

The entire boat was degreased, agitated, then pressure washed. A magic eraser was used to remove any stains on the gel coat.

A 50/50 on the first rinse with the pressure washer.

Here's the almost final product. I'm going to polish out the hull and aluminum tomorrow to wrap things up.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I've got a 2013 24' boat on the books for this weekend. A quick wash and wax bringing in a rather nice $15/foot.

BTW, the first boat was priced at $23/foot... bringing my earnings to about $44/hour. If only I could make this full-time!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
BEAUTIFUL work, Austin. I just wish you lived a little closer. :)

Thanks Doug! I'm serious when I say that I'd like to take a few months and travel around detailing for myself. Perhaps next year that could be doable.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Thanks Doug! I'm serious when I say that I'd like to take a few months and travel around detailing for myself. Perhaps next year that could be doable.

What vehicle should I look for when you come into town? :wasntme:

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
What vehicle should I look for when you come into town? :wasntme:

You make it sound like I have it planned out or something! If I keep up with these boats, look for a 2014 F-150 Tremor. smilieFordlogo

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Gross...but awesome work as usual.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
BEAUTIFUL work, Austin. I just wish you lived a little closer. :)

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

Dang Austin....pretty incredible.

I'd pay you to take care of our fleet of vehicles.....maybe teach me some detailing know hows.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

If you come to Maine, you have a place to stay and if you fly in, I'll pick you up and you'll have a driver for while you're here. I mean it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
If you come to Maine, you have a place to stay and if you fly in, I'll pick you up and you'll have a driver for while you're here. I mean it.

One of these days I'm gonna get serious about getting him up here too.

The end of the season, actually! Boats are coming out of the water which means it's time to clean them up before winter storage.

I'm trying to get mine ready for winter fishing. We don't put them away around here. Just installed outriggers and a new VHF antenna today.

I'm still waiting for you to come up here and buff this boat. I've spent about $400 on tools material and labor for one of my helpers to buff when he could. Starting to look better but not great.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Tis funny.. As y'all have to like beg him to come.

He just comes to me on a random Friday night... No begging by me..

It's all bout that white Flareside swag

Psh... I went up there for the car meet! smilietease

I'm trying to get mine ready for winter fishing. We don't put them away around here. Just installed outriggers and a new VHF antenna today.

I'm still waiting for you to come up here and buff this boat. I've spent about $400 on tools material and labor for one of my helpers to buff when he could. Starting to look better but not great.

Ya know... not that far from Ben, and on the way to Ken...

One of these days I'm gonna get serious about getting him up here too.

You should. It's not like I'm six hours away or anythin... wait, never mind.

Only if I get a bison burger out of the deal! :wavey:

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
All wrapped up on this sucker. It's not perfect (namely the floor...) but it's 1000 times better than before.

Ford Truck Articles