Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

HHO cells anyone tried them

Getting sick of fuel prices and been looking for ways to economise so i can keep driving the truck instead of the diesel corona - has anyone ever tried these plug in hydrogen generator kits that are all over the 'net - just too much bull***t and bluster and then all the knockers.
With fuel at $2.20/litre i'm about ready to give anything a go - just not ready to believe that you can get something for nothing.

Mark

blacksnapon

Staff member
My son just installed one on his 80 f150 4x4 302. First tank, he said an increase in mileage. I'm waiting a little longer for more results.

My son just installed one on his 80 f150 4x4 302. First tank, he said an increase in mileage. I'm waiting a little longer for more results.

Thats exactly what i wanted to hear - would you be able to let me know when he has a more of a longer term result.

Cheers
Mark

Subscribed..

I'm interested to where this gos; I thought HHO's where just snake oil...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Subscribed..

I'm interested to where this gos; I thought HHO's where just snake oil...

Most threads I've seen about it seem to come to that conclusion. And most the time the guy that tries it out gets ganged up on by other members and is told he's a liar and is only seeing a difference because he wants to see a difference. Personally, I've always been curious.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Don't know a whole lot... but I'm thinking it's not very pratical if you're adding water all day long.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Better than adding G Dubs or Mr. Jacksons.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
^^^Better than adding G Dubs or Mr. Jacksons.

Ya lost me with your hip lingo! I honestly had to think about that one Ben. :hammer: I just swipe the card!

As far as this is concerned, I'm the biggest sceptic there is.

Hi - just wondering if your son ever had any luck with the HHO system?

Cheers Mark

Most threads I've seen about it seem to come to that conclusion. And most the time the guy that tries it out gets ganged up on by other members and is told he's a liar and is only seeing a difference because he wants to see a difference. Personally, I've always been curious.

x2, thats was my thoughts was well, but hey If it works; I'll jump on the band wagon...

Don't know a whole lot... but I'm thinking it's not very pratical if you're adding water all day long.

Well considering that would depend on the size of your tank, and the fact the fact that you can get water, at almost any gas station (usually for free if you know where to look) or you can carry water jugs...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
FWIW, the place I deal with sells the Espar heaters used to promote the hydrogen system, they didn't have much luck with it and have since stopped selling it...just what I got told by one of the owners, I've never had any personal experience.

I think its supposed to rain tomorrow Cliff so i'll be off work for a wee bit and i will post up my results and pics of the last 6 months of installing one.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I think its supposed to rain tomorrow Cliff so i'll be off work for a wee bit and i will post up my results and pics of the last 6 months of installing one.

Thanks. Did you build your HHO or did you buy one?

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
There's a guy on another forum I frequent that has built his own and installed it on his CC dually with an IDI and 5 spd. He has a best of 28MPG highway. Now, he is not running straight water....he injects the water into the intake, in addition to the diesel, via a toggle switch when he gets to his cruising speed.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
There's a guy on another forum I frequent that has built his own and installed it on his CC dually with an IDI and 5 spd. He has a best of 28MPG highway. Now, he is not running straight water....he injects the water into the intake, in addition to the diesel, via a toggle switch when he gets to his cruising speed.

Whats involved in building one?

Fellro

Staff member
Water injection on a diesel is way different than trying such on a gas motor Cliff.

Had a local guy that designed what he called a hydrogen power pack, sold some locally. Claimed everything gained fuel efficiency. I don't know what happened to him as he either passed away or disappeared while I was not in the area. He worked on getting it set up for years.

At the store, had a guy come in that was needing some help with something, and he popped the hood, and there was one on it. He claims to get good mileage from it as well. Some use things like baking soda to help with the separation. Just remembered there was one on a Chevy truck that was given me, and I was going to take it and try it, but traded it off and forgot to take it off... The Chev had 300,000 miles on it, he claimed it had a head gasket problem. Don't know, never had it running, as it sat long enough the pump got wiped out in the tank.

Ford Truck Articles