Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

F100 Newbie

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I like your seats. DO you have a picture of the brackets you made or can you take one. I would like to get a set of seats for my truck.

Hey Cliff. Haven't had a chance to check to posts for a couple of days so haven't answered. I can't really take a picture of the brackets because they are under the carpet but I can tell you how I made them and it was really simple (otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it). I just went to Home Depot and bought some of the steel bar stock that is about 2" wide and probably 3/16" or so thick. For the inside track of each seat (near the center of the cab) I was able to line up the front and rear holes in the seat track with the stock holes in the floor.

The front and rear holes for each seat track near the doors did not match up and that's where I had to make the brackets. The holes in the seat tracks were about 2" or so away from the stock holes in the floor. So, for each of those holes I just cut a piece of bar stock that was long enough to go from the stock hole in the floor to the hole in the seat track. I drilled a hole in the bar stock so I could bolt the bar stock to the stock hole in the floor, and then I drilled a hole on the other end of the bar stock to mate with the hole in the seat track. I used Grade 8 bolts to put it all together so I think everything is OK. It's a really simple setup but it is working great and it took me about an hour to put it together.

If you want, I can draw a little diagram and send it to you to show the size of the pieces and exactly what I did. Just let me know and send me your email address and I'll be glad to do that.

Brad

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Hey Cliff. Haven't had a chance to check to posts for a couple of days so haven't answered. I can't really take a picture of the brackets because they are under the carpet but I can tell you how I made them and it was really simple (otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it). I just went to Home Depot and bought some of the steel bar stock that is about 2" wide and probably 3/16" or so thick. For the inside track of each seat (near the center of the cab) I was able to line up the front and rear holes in the seat track with the stock holes in the floor.

The front and rear holes for each seat track near the doors did not match up and that's where I had to make the brackets. The holes in the seat tracks were about 2" or so away from the stock holes in the floor. So, for each of those holes I just cut a piece of bar stock that was long enough to go from the stock hole in the floor to the hole in the seat track. I drilled a hole in the bar stock so I could bolt the bar stock to the stock hole in the floor, and then I drilled a hole on the other end of the bar stock to mate with the hole in the seat track. I used Grade 8 bolts to put it all together so I think everything is OK. It's a really simple setup but it is working great and it took me about an hour to put it together.

If you want, I can draw a little diagram and send it to you to show the size of the pieces and exactly what I did. Just let me know and send me your email address and I'll be glad to do that.

Brad

Thank You that will be a big help. I found some seats I hope they are cheap enough and will be nice to have power seats again.

Let me know if I can help. If I hadn't put the new carpet in after I did the seats I would be able to get some good pics to show you. Basically I ended up with pieces of bar stock that were 3" to 4" long and had to drill a hole in each end - one hole to bolt to the floor and the other hole to bolt to the seat track.

Brad

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Hey Newbie which Cherokee did you get your seats out of the little one or the big one?

I'm not sure which model Cherokee the seats came out of and the guy I bought them from didn't know but I suspect they came out of a Grand Cherokee. I'll see if I can look online and find some pictures of similar seats so I can tell.

Also, I haven't forgotten your drawing for the seat brackets. I'll get something together for you this weekend.

Brad

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I'm not sure which model Cherokee the seats came out of and the guy I bought them from didn't know but I suspect they came out of a Grand Cherokee. I'll see if I can look online and find some pictures of similar seats so I can tell.

Also, I haven't forgotten your drawing for the seat brackets. I'll get something together for you this weekend.

Brad

Brad no problem on the drawing. Are they easy to wire up for power?

Piece of cake to wire them. Just need to run a hot wire and a ground to each seat. They have 3 controls and provide 6 way power so they can be adjusted just about any way you want.

Ford Truck Articles