Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Locking Glove Box Latch

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Oh, that changes things.
If you find them, you can get a key cut to work for the lock, or just pick up any Ford exterior key (for the Gen.7 years) from the wreckers and I'll do a post with pic's.

I will take a good look tomorrow. I have to push my truck out of the garage to have a little room. I hope they didn't get thrown away.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I can't wait until tomorrow. I will be right back,going to look for the locks.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I'm trying this right now with my spare lock, but the little fingers won't come out. What am I doing wrong?

Also, for those of you who can't really see the pins too well and don't trust yourself, go out to the wreckers and grab about 20 ignition and door keys from any 80's Ford vehicle. You have about a 3 in 20 chance of finding a key that will work with your locks. My ignition key worked in my buddy's old locking hood release, which is now in my truck. I've managed to find keys for about 7 locking glove box latches, out of a pile of about 30 keys. So many cars, not enough different cut combinations. Why not overlap some vehicles? smilieFordlogo

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Hi Shaun, the "fingers" only come out one way. You can push with your thumb from the opposite side of the tumbler and the will free. It makes a small click sound when they come out and when they go back in. Push on the side of the tumbler that the "fingers" only have a small rectangle, not on the small rectangle with tab. It is quite noticeable the difference. Hope this helps.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts