Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

minor repair

I could talk for days and never tell you how bad it hurt, it had the gas tank behind the seat and I had just filled up and a 25 gallon tank in the bed that was full I was towing a 3/4 ton ford diesel and the front driver side blew out and did a pit manuver on mine. I thought I could get it on the shoulder and straighten it out but it was in the mountains and the roch chewed up the whole pass. side from front to back and was still doing about 40 mph when the winch hit solid rock ann the ford I was towing pushed the back around and broke off the bull dog hitch and went over the mountain people behind said my truck went about 6 feet in the air the big tires bounced about4 ft. high before it started to roll. I came to with my head on the blacktop on the driver side and 20 gal of gas running out the seat tank as it stripped the gas spout clean off The LORD blessed me because the battery broke the hold downs off and pulled the cables off so no fire

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I could talk for days and never tell you how bad it hurt, it had the gas tank behind the seat and I had just filled up and a 25 gallon tank in the bed that was full I was towing a 3/4 ton ford diesel and the front driver side blew out and did a pit manuver on mine. I thought I could get it on the shoulder and straighten it out but it was in the mountains and the roch chewed up the whole pass. side from front to back and was still doing about 40 mph when the winch hit solid rock ann the ford I was towing pushed the back around and broke off the bull dog hitch and went over the mountain people behind said my truck went about 6 feet in the air the big tires bounced about4 ft. high before it started to roll. I came to with my head on the blacktop on the driver side and 20 gal of gas running out the seat tank as it stripped the gas spout clean off The LORD blessed me because the battery broke the hold downs off and pulled the cables off so no fire

I am glad you are ok. God was watching over you for sure.

hello Newbie
My 1985 is the same body style as yours but is an XLT. 300 six cyl, 82,000 miles, T-18 trans. everything works (but the Lincoln bucket seats, can`t figure out the wiring) never been wrecked, one small dent, absolutely 100% no rust and the wood in the bed is from the factory. Every thing is stock but I will paint it some shade of copper but will never get the tape accents back on so I guess I will have it pinstriped. You have a nice looking truck

Ford Truck Articles