Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Do's and Dont's to Exhaust Wrap?

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Can anyone tell me what the Do's and Dont's are to wrapping exhaust pipes... I don't mean the advantages and disadvantages.. I mean like actual How To's good way bad way thing.. I can find videos of guys showing how they wrap them. But they dont really explain too much about it.. And the stuff I got didnt come with instructions.. Guess they assumed you just already knew how.. which was why I went looking for videos.. but all they seem to do is tell about what product theyre using and show them wrapping a pipe.

Prime example of one question i have.. Would it be bad to do a 2nd layer of wrap? Say like wrap the pipes in one direction then when you got to the end of the pipe back track the other direction to where you started. Or is 1 layer More than suffice?

Stuff like that. Part of the reason I ask is because I have a couple sensors that sit very close to the up-pipe and the original pipes I'm replacing had heat shields to protect those sensors were welded on but the replacements do not have any shielding. So I am just afraid the non-shielded heat might damage them with as close as they sit.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts