Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The truck I thought was gone..

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Looks like a good project. Nothing that can't be fixed with a little time.
It's definitely a project. I've started pricing everything out, and to bring it back to how I want, it's going to cost somewhere around 15-20k. The money isn't an issue. It will all happen in time. Cab is just about gutting completely minus some chunks of dash pad. I'll make another post with some updated progress that I've made over the last few days.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

So.. Figured that I'd update y'all a little on the progress I've made over the past few days. I've been off for a few days, so I spent every minute that I could working on stripping stuff down and doing a damage analysis.

As of now I know it needs:
Floor pans
Roof skin
Bed floor
Dash and dash pad
Rewired completely
New front brakes (drums are locked solid)
Wheels
Tires
Clutch and linkage
New carb (throttle body is froze solid)
Tune up parts (of course)
A few other things I can't remember of the top of my head right now.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Time spent on this truck is never lost time to me. The only lost time was the 20 years that this thing spent sitting untouched.

wasnt referring to the time working on it.. just meant time in general.. for instance you cant get yesterday back because time is linear.. :) i know i think too deeply on things... it sometimes goes over peoples heads...

Good luck with your Restoration it feels good to see progress. I've done a 69 Chevelle but went the retro mod route. I thought I'll spend around 28k to get everything I need. And I'll do everything myself. I ended up at 42k and that was getting a lot of parts on sale. I've priced out some parts I bought years ago that are still made and they are up to 30% more now. Just don't get too discouraged, it will happen. When you do try to get one thing done a day even if it's just pulling a wire.

Ford Truck Articles