Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New guy in Central KY

41 yr old not too chubby grey yet,collector of Tattoos, Ford/Mopar parts and ex wives apparently. Don’t kick me out just yet, I always said “If I cant AFFORD it, I’ll DODGE it”. My daily is tuned up Cummins Common Rail/Stick and those are the only 2 reasons it’s in my driveway. Don’t do Chevy, but I work on them daily. It’s LSX LSY LSZ, but the money is decent. I’ve been a machinist/mechanic/fabricator for 22 years. I do both engine reman and performance machining along with tool and for duties for stamping and aluminum die casting. I’ll do my level best to help you any I can. Just don’t ask me to wire 110 and above...long story.

Started street racing with very first truck, 91 Range SWB regular cab, 2wd. Base as base could come. 2.3 dual plug, stick and manual everything. Didn’t even have an antennnac, but I had saved up money from a pizza shop I started at when I was 14. Didn’t take me long to figure out it was slow as smoke off shit and needed help. My Pop and his 4 brothers had every car you could think of when they were young and were big drag racers and knew there way around a wrench and a cherry picker. Pop drove truck days and taught me all he could when he had the chance. He’ a big Cleveland man and we’ll get back to that. I worked all the hours I could at the pizza shack, then moved to K-Mart stocking and got a raise to boot. Every penny that didn’t go to the payment, my insurance and fuel I put into fixing my truck up. I dropped it 3/5 , put some some 205/60-15 Firehawks on, ditched the 3.45 open 7.5 to 3.73 limited I pulled form the junk along with front and back away bars and.factory tach. All this helped the performance, but I was still getting dogged by s10s and those F$&& Honda and Mitsubishi cars on the weekends. Well Pop was good friends with a Ford tech at the dealership, and he raced Mini Cup at the Speedy’s every weekend with a Mustang Notch 2300 engine. Well he came by often andI was putting a Dynomax on my truck and he come to talk to me instead of Pop. Got what you need boy at my shop. Jump in the truck and let’s go look at it. We get to his shop and there’s a red Thunderbird destroyed from the back and I didn’t give it much mind, but soon did. It was TC/T5 car and had 58k or so on it. He said it’s yours, come by and help me when you ain’t working or helping your Pop and I said yes sir! Pop, him and me swapped it over 3 weeks and we swapped in a Esslinger cam and followers, a fresh clutch and mounted the intercooler up front and ran some pipe back. That looked like shit, but I was learning. I thought that thing was a rocket ship that first drive and that’s when I got hooked on boost. Totaled that truck 10 days before I graduate. Racing a guy on backwoods two land and the the rear broke traction on a sharp left. You gotta learn sometime. From that Ranger, I’ve had an 88 on ladder bars carbed 5.0/nos to a couple more TC swaps.a 78 F150 2wd I/C/H 429/C6, an 88 F150 5.0/stick cam/headers, 100 shot, to 94 Lightning all the bolt-on’s, 325/50 DRS with ladder bars to an 01 Lightning built with a Wipple. I’ve been lucky that I’ve made a good living and I’ve paid my way and had my fun, but sometimes life slows you down. 3 sons came along, and 2 wives came and went. I do much better as a gear head than husband I guess. Lawyers, child support and alimony has got to be paid and toys tend to dissappear.

Any way. Sorry about the novel and in all honestly I came to the site doing some research and it’s my kinda place. I picked up a 93 Ranger yesterday and I’m looking for info and parts possibly. Don’t kick me out for my Dodge....

Blue-Truck-Nut97

crank polisher
Welcome aboard! Enjoyed the read!
And since you admitted your filthy dodge habits up front I think we can tolerate it.

Howdy from central NM

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Blue-Truck-Nut97

crank polisher
And so we don't get off on the wrong foot, hi, I'm Bluetrucknut, and I have a dodge......

On the machine work topic, you don't by chance make custom steel pistons do you?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Ah yes..but of course,, allow me.
Hello, my name is Machinit, and I am a addict..for nearly 30
years I’ve pursued my vices, a want and a need for slick cars, fast trucks, well worn V-twin engine, a damn good country meal, age bourbon and last but not least aggressive women...Looking in I see how hooked...consumed I am, but I’m okay with it ;-)

Pleasure to meet you, Blue.....(lowers my head and kick the rocks at feet).....
Yes I drive a Dodge in the daytime as well, friend.

He only steel/cast pistons I have encountered have all been in either industrial equipment engines like in the CAT 3508 Series V8 and several Komatsu severe use engine from the 4D94 4 cylinders all the way to their biggest engine the 12V170 quad turbo V12s that make nearly 4000 ftlbs of torque just off idle. It’s so large that the majority of the cab floor and walkways are part of the assembly. Some power-gen and pumping station engines I’ve worked with would have cast pistons no mater what the fuel or gas they were burning. A lot of this units end up in very remote places and run constantly with monthly inspections if that.

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Welcome to FTF from WNC.

They call me Doc

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
welcome to the site

Ford Truck Articles