Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What's '90 F250 (460) 5 speed worth?

Mine has 130,000, 2 tone paint, Flowmasters, new shocks, new distrib, new hoses, new chrome side steps and new tires and brakes. Runs like a deer.

What's it worth?

Jerry

That is exterior ,were I'm come from ,Folks want to know how well the
enterior was maintained....ENGINE & CAB!....smilieFordlogo

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Really depends on area...up here, more...:rofl:

Interior, exterior and mechanical

All well maintained. Interior, except for faded, driver seat, looks good.

Truck has never seen snow and has always been stored under a carport

Never been in an accident. Original owner had truck serviced regularly. I am second owner.

But, today, guys, she refused to turn over (bummer), so I will probably be replacing battery tomorrow

Tires have 12K miles. Truck has 130K miles.

Do you think this truck might sell for $6K in Florida?

Jerry

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
4x2 or 4x4? I know the 4wd trucks bring more of a premium in the southeast

In my part of the world that truck might bring $3500-$4500 if it's 4wd.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Burn it to the ground and let insurance tell you???

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
All well maintained. Interior, except for faded, driver seat, looks good.

Truck has never seen snow and has always been stored under a carport

Never been in an accident. Original owner had truck serviced regularly. I am second owner.

But, today, guys, she refused to turn over (bummer), so I will probably be replacing battery tomorrow

Tires have 12K miles. Truck has 130K miles.

Do you think this truck might sell for $6K in Florida?

Jerry

Maybe.....I'd guess that would be on the high side without seeing it or hearing it run.

Pics would give fellas on here a better chance to throw more figures at you.

Mine has 130,000, 2 tone paint, Flowmasters, new shocks, new distrib, new hoses, new chrome side steps and new tires and brakes. Runs like a deer.

What's it worth?

Jerry

Never heard the term, "running like a deer".....I know plenty of deer that stop running in their tracks up my way. :guns:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
The only way to find out is to lurk on craigslist and look at similar models over the course of a month or so, and see where yours fits in on condition and mileage.

Ryan

Value

Good comments. Thanks. Prob would bring more up north. BTW we have more pickup trucks than cars in our county, so they are very popular here, mostly hauling nothing. Mine is 4 X 2, so wouldn't bring as much as 4 X 4.

Jerry

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Actually, based on what happened to a neighbor with about the same one (second owner and one family), you'd probably do best trying to sell it down south. Which is where his came from (Kali).

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Actually, based on what happened to a neighbor with about the same one (second owner and one family), you'd probably do best trying to sell it down south. Which is where his came from (Kali).

You would be better selling it down south.
Seldom ever see a 2wd truck here. When I was a teen I thought all trucks were 4wd never saw a 2wd

Unless it's brodozed out...I can vouch for NC, SC, TN, GA...you're looking at either a $1500-2500 driver, or a parts truck someone will pay $500-1000 for. General consensus is, if it's 2wd, it's a parts donor. But I do know Florida does pull some better prices, and that's why I don't buy out of that state, not to mention the salt air still does a number on a rig.

Edit...and at that price, you'll get significantly more parting it out. Probably sitting on $1200 alone with 460/5spd combo...not to mention the sheet metal.

Last edited:
Florida truck

Yeah, 4 X 4 isn't really necessary here in Florida, unless you go into groves or launch your boat in some areas BTW here in central Florida, we don't have the salt air causing rust, so my 26 year old (original owner/neighbor) is virtually rust free as are most vehicles which have spent their lives in this area.

I think I'm gonna keep this old truck and plan to buy and tow a travel trailer to and from State campground about 20 miles from home (Kissimmee River Park, Lake Wales, FL)

Jerry

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
You would be better selling it down south.
Seldom ever see a 2wd truck here. When I was a teen I thought all trucks were 4wd never saw a 2wd

You will not see a 2WD anywhere in New England (Maine, Mass, NH, VT) and if one attempted to sell a 2WD up this way, you wouldn't be able to sell it as a driver except for parts as Ben mentioned.

Ken, I hear ya about 4 X 4 only in northeast.

I was in that Blizzard of '78 in Boston. WOW. Never saw THAT much snow and I've lived in Ohio, Iowa and CT. Of course, back then there was a $500 fine for driving anything, so no one was on the road.

Ford Truck Articles