Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Glow plug replacement

A CEL came on my truck so I purchased a Code reader, gave me a glow plug fault on the number 2 cylinder, how hard would this be to do myself or would this best be left to a professional.

By the way, the Autel MaxiScan MS309 is a nice code reader especially for 25 bucks.

blacksnapon

Staff member
A CEL came on my truck so I purchased a Code reader, gave me a glow plug fault on the number 2 cylinder, how hard would this be to do myself or would this best be left to a professional.

By the way, the Autel MaxiScan MS309 is a nice code reader especially for 25 bucks.
Its not too bad. The hardest part is getting the wire off, they're very easy to break.

With some more thinking it described it as an "open circuit" for the glow plug, could that mean that the connector has somehow worked its way out a bit?

Would it be worth it to have all the left side plugs replaced? Currently the plan is just the #2 and the harness but considering that there going to be in there...

The quote was 300 for parts and labor by the way.

Edit: It was 60 dollars more to get the entire side done, so I'm going to have them done as well.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts