Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wheels and tires on National backorder?!?!

Kep4

Jäger
Well guys, it's time for more meat on my Super Duty. :cooldude:

I called around for prices on American Racing ATX teflon coated Chamber wheels, 18x9.5 with a 6" offset and Toyo Open Country M/T 33x12.50R-15 tires. Found a swinging deal! :nana:

Turns out the wheels are on national backorder for 60 days. I found one place that has the tires, every other place says 45 day wait from Toyo.confused

Damn! I really wanted to have this set up on my PSD by the end of March. :headbang:

I chose those wheels because they tuck under the fenders and I hate tires that stick out. Especially since it gets muddy on my place and I don't want my truck to get mud blasted. Now I have to be patient. I don't wanna be patient! I've got the cash and I want the damn set up! 'balls'

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Same issue with a new Silverado. We switched to 265-17's to get 'er done (rig for the lot, no time to wait).

Since.....:post pics:,

Go to this site and put together a pic for us.

http://www.autowaretech7.net/nextwheels/newstal.htm

Once you get a pic...do a screen print, paste into a graphics program, crop as needed, save as a .jpg, upload it to a host, post it here...simple. YelloThumbUp

Here is my X with Foose wheels (all stock sizes). Note the color of the vehicle is not correct. I could not find "arizona beige".

playing.jpg

me2.jpg

Last edited:
"Back in the Day" when I had my '61 4x4 I used "Fender Flares" to solve the mud issue. There were offset wheels available, but then there was an issue about mud-buildup and clearance. I ran Dick Cepek Mudders, 33.5x12x15s. This was back when they still used inches to designate tire sizes, lol...
Sorry you have to wait so long... That's gotta suck. I am going to replace my rubber this season, but I'll just take my old standard alum 16s.
Then again, mine's not a 4x4, so I don't have to have them bulletproof, either. Bet that's gonna be one sharp looking truck!

Ford Truck Articles