Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Look out world . . .

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
New turbo on order!! Should be here in two weeks!!!! :) Oh boy, oh boy, ohhhhh boooooyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! :cooldude: And yeah, I'm getting the new intake as well. Already have the Jobe Intake sold too.

http://www.elite-diesel.com/Powerstroke Turbos 6.0.htm

Stage 3: High-Power Turbocharger $2850 ($3225 with an AFE Stage II XP Intake)
Created for the daily driver that likes to go fast on the weekend. This charger is large enough to support just over 500hp and still maintain street manners. Spool up is responsive thanks to the Ball-bearing cartridge. Towing is still possible with this turbocharger but not as tow “friendly” as our “Tow” turbos. Sized appropriately for our Stage 2 and 3 Injectors. Recommended for trucks producing power levels that are 150-225hp over stock. Head studs are recommended.

Awesome, Todd.... let us know how it goes...

Guess you'll have to take the cab off for that too, eh?:rofl:

From what I hear...it is easier. You just need a $2000+ lift. :rofl:

cheaper than the turbo!

But he's got less room in HIS garage than YOU do.
Maybe you two could cohabitate.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
The turbo will come off without removing the cab or the engine. We took it off just to pull the engine.

yeah, sure... and pigs fly.

Seriously, tho... I know on my 7.3 that sucker is up under the firewall.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
yeah, sure... and pigs fly.

Seriously, tho... I know on my 7.3 that sucker is up under the firewall.
Just another reason the 7.3 bites. lol

Seriously, we just have to remove the oil filter assy and the CAC tubes and the turbo will come off. I didn't say it was easy, but it will. lol

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Yep, that's also why the Cummapart has such an advantage. Put it on the side and it disappates heat quicker and has added cooling versus tucked up in a tight area in the valley of a V-8.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts