Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Here is SHOCKER

Shocker

Charter Member
Here is Shocker. 87 4x4 carbed 302, t-19 4 speed, Dana 35, detroit locker, 7.5 welded, 4:10's, 32x10x15
Wish it still looked this nice.
Currently broke and dead. Inprocess of building a tilt front end solid axle swap and lord knows what else I will come up with

43.JPG

44.JPG

45.JPG

More pictures of it and my other toys at Shockers Garage

nice looking truck, got a suggestion for further mods for you, stick a stroker big block in it.:rofl:

Well he did say doing an SAS swap, so most likely a D44 out of an early bronco, and if smart the 9" out of same bronco.

Well I did manage to break both of my front axles I guess, but it did take me 2-1/2yrs, and I am only running 900hp through them, with wimpy little 16/35 cut boggers so yeah guess maybe rock would be required.:hammer:

Shocker

Charter Member
Well there is a 460 in the garage waiting on the auto for it. As for axles I now have a d44 and 9 inch that are ready, (keeping them full size, they are out of a 77 f150) but I am looking at a deal with a 1 ton and a partner that has all the tools to make those axles work, set the 460 in and get all the body stuff done. It will be some time before it is finished. Have too many irons in the fire right now.

If I go with the ton axles for shockers then Gator will get the d44/9" and the 302.

Well there is a 460 in the garage waiting on the auto for it. As for axles I now have a d44 and 9 inch that are ready, (keeping them full size, they are out of a 77 f150) but I am looking at a deal with a 1 ton and a partner that has all the tools to make those axles work, set the 460 in and get all the body stuff done. It will be some time before it is finished. Have too many irons in the fire right now.

If I go with the ton axles for shockers then Gator will get the d44/9" and the 302.

That just gives you something to do in your spare time. :rolling laugh:

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
That is scary, I started thinking of a place to stuff my 302 and an x-cab 4x4 ranger was first on the list.

Looks great, hope to see the finished product.

Ford Truck Articles