Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

water coming in

I have water coming in the cab on the seam right by the steering colum any idea where it might be coming from? I do not have the seal wear firewall meets the hood. Will add pics later. thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
There should be seem sealer between the upper and lower sections of the firewall. If that was ever cleaned out it might leak if water splashes up on the firewall.

Might also be that water is coming in between the steering column plate and firewall if that gasket has deteriorated.

I get water coming in mine through the foot vent on the passenger side if it rains very hard. I need to take it all apart and check out why. I suspect enough stuff has fallen in the top opening between the hood and windshield to block any kind of drain hole it may have before coming in the cab. When I first got the truck there was all kinds of pine needles in there, and the first high-speed trip down the highway with the floor vents open it blew all kinds of needles, leaves, and dirt out of them.

Ford Truck Articles