Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

pennzoil high-milage vs pennzoil synthetic blend?

racsan

4xford
are they the same? jugs are a similar color, price exactly the same. (17.99 at walmart) just 2 bucks more than pennzoil conventional. i dont really think i want a full synthetic, the 3 vehicles i service are as follow:
#1: '93 ford ranger 4.0 4x4, 5 speed manual, 165,000 miles, my daily driver, 12 miles daily, i tow with it on occasion.
#2: '96 chevrolet S-blazer 4.3 4x4, automatic, 189K on chassis, 200K+ on motor. (long story) wifes vehicle, driven about 10-15 miles daily, family "trip" vehicle, can tow with it, but usually use my truck.
#3: '05 suzuki reno 2.0 fwd automatic. daughters car (18 and in collage) has about 160,000 on it.
all 3 take the same recomdation, 5w30. not sure what would be best, high milage or the syn blend. they are all about 1/2-to 1 qt down when its time to change oil. the blazer usually gets changed sooner than the others, its a junkyard replacement motor, runs great, just has high miles, i change it about 3-4 thousand. the truck gets changed about every 4-5 thousand, the suzuki about 6-7 thousand. the only real external leakage is gaskets, seals seem to be in good shape on all 3 engines. (blazer got new crank seals before the motor was dropped in) is the "better" oil worth it?, or should i just save the 2 bucks per 5 qt jug and put conventional in all of them? filters i am currently using the purolator "gold can" (think its "pure one") i used to use a/c in the blazer and motorcraft in the ford, but after hearing about the "E" code a/c filter issues from walmart, i figured i should steer clear from walmart and go elsewhere for a filter. purolator being a decent brand and using their mid-grade filter, i should be alright....
so, is there any differance in the synthetic blend oil vs the high milage oil? things were so much easier when there was only just brands to choose from....

are they the same? jugs are a similar color, price exactly the same. (17.99 at walmart) just 2 bucks more than pennzoil conventional. i dont really think i want a full synthetic, the 3 vehicles i service are as follow:
#1: '93 ford ranger 4.0 4x4, 5 speed manual, 165,000 miles, my daily driver, 12 miles daily, i tow with it on occasion.
#2: '96 chevrolet S-blazer 4.3 4x4, automatic, 189K on chassis, 200K+ on motor. (long story) wifes vehicle, driven about 10-15 miles daily, family "trip" vehicle, can tow with it, but usually use my truck.
#3: '05 suzuki reno 2.0 fwd automatic. daughters car (18 and in collage) has about 160,000 on it.
all 3 take the same recomdation, 5w30. not sure what would be best, high milage or the syn blend. they are all about 1/2-to 1 qt down when its time to change oil. the blazer usually gets changed sooner than the others, its a junkyard replacement motor, runs great, just has high miles, i change it about 3-4 thousand. the truck gets changed about every 4-5 thousand, the suzuki about 6-7 thousand. the only real external leakage is gaskets, seals seem to be in good shape on all 3 engines. (blazer got new crank seals before the motor was dropped in) is the "better" oil worth it?, or should i just save the 2 bucks per 5 qt jug and put conventional in all of them? filters i am currently using the purolator "gold can" (think its "pure one") i used to use a/c in the blazer and motorcraft in the ford, but after hearing about the "E" code a/c filter issues from walmart, i figured i should steer clear from walmart and go elsewhere for a filter. purolator being a decent brand and using their mid-grade filter, i should be alright....
so, is there any differance in the synthetic blend oil vs the high milage oil? things were so much easier when there was only just brands to choose from....

Most of your high mileage oils are a syn blend. I would go for the high mileage if you're still needing oil.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
later this afternoon I'll get on the computer and pull up the data sheets on them and let ya know what I find..

I know they're different just how different idk. I do know the syn blend is Dexos 1 approved (chevy spec oil) so it'll be a Lil better than most OTS syn blend oils.

Ford Truck Articles