Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Weigh your truck! CAT Scales

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
do whaaaa?

I'll have to see if there's a near one.

Ryan

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
8010 pounds with 3/4 tank and none of my spare parts or tools. :cooldude:

12.3 in best time to date too. Not bad!!

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Get your Ford Truck weighed accurately!
After you blast the doors off your buddies chebbie, you can tell him your truck weighs more than his too. :rofl:

http://www.catscale.com/index.cfm

If I want to weight my Excursion, which "platform" to I pull onto... or it doesn't matter as my truck would fit onto any one of them? Or do I want to spit it up and seehow much is on each axle... then the total would be computed anyways.

Have never weighed by Excursion when filly loaded with fuel and all of my wife's luggage... if she had her way... we'd drive s semi with all her "stuff" in the trailer... and that's just for a weekend trip!!!
:headbang:

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Have never weighed by Excursion when filly loaded with fuel and all of my wife's luggage...
Ah, for that much weight, you'll probably have to split it between axles! :rofl:

I didn't bother splitting mine. I just wanted total empty weight with Fuel.

Michigan
5040 for a Ford bronco with a quarter tank of gas and myself sitting in it. Its a neat experience pulling up on one of those scales, you get sea sick lmao, and you gotta hope that they see you pull on the scale because the buttons for the intercom are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY up there lol.

Michigan
yea its a heavy truck, my GVRW is 6200 <--- I think. Umm yes what i did was went into the station and asked them if i could weigh my truck, the said yea and asked if it was for a business or personal, i said personal, they asked for my name and it was 8 dollars. You pull onto the scale and wait, then the lady comes onto the loud speaker and says ok, go in and pay then get your certified cat slip.

Fellro

Staff member
Mine varies, depending upon how much fuel and junk I have in it... light end is 6700, high end was around 7200, then there was the load I hauled, heaviest total weight was 24,500...

70blue

Georgia Chapter member
That is one way to get your truck weighed. Mine gets weighed all the time pulling across the scrap scales.

I run with scissors.
That is one way to get your truck weighed. Mine gets weighed all the time pulling across the scrap scales.
Yep, same here.

1978 F150 is about 3,800

1979 F150 is 4,220

1976 F350 dually was 5,910

1997 Explorer is 4,880

1996 Suburban is 6,360

weighed mine this weekend
1993 f150 supercab
4x4 300-6 m50d with 10 gallons of gas weighed 5,200

take away about 400lbs of people and gas and i'd guess around 4,800 empty

Fellro

Staff member
The local grain elevators/feed mills will have scales too. Some of them are the same thing, they leave them on at night. Others were the old dials, and you could see them through the window. They may not even charge you for using the scales, but some do.

I weighed mine at the dump. dropped off 600lbs and weighed for free. The dump fee was $13 though.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
2 full tanks and my tools and me . 6300lbs.

94 F150 sc long bed 4x4. 34gall gas, solid side cap .
170 me , load o tools tools. But I dont always hall all tools.

Ford Truck Articles