Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2006 Ford LCF Power stroke v6

I have a 2006 ford LCF with a 4.5 power stroke that we have been Having starting problems with. The engine won't start right away when cold it has a long crank and you have to cycle the glow plugs twice before you even try to start it. Once it starts it has not power until it warms up. You can hold it on the floor and won't turn up past like 1500 Rpms under a load. If anyone has any advice as to what the problem could be please let me know.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Does the 4.5 have a block heater plug?? If so you might want to try that.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
darn... was thinking maybe it was weak glow plugs... if it had started easier with it plugged in thats what my guess would have been... unfortunately i hadnt even heard of the 4.5 until your post... and the only person i can think of to have you ask hasnt been on much as of lately.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I have a 2006 ford LCF with a 4.5 power stroke that we have been Having starting problems with. The engine won't start right away when cold it has a long crank and you have to cycle the glow plugs twice before you even try to start it. Once it starts it has not power until it warms up. You can hold it on the floor and won't turn up past like 1500 Rpms under a load. If anyone has any advice as to what the problem could be please let me know.
cycling glow plugs twice would say glow plug control module. get your starting problem fixed and your no power issue will go away.

Ford Truck Articles