Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

AC on 97 E150

97 E150, The air conditioner is working but the air is not blowing out of the dash vents. I set it on max AC and turn the knob to the coldest setting, I
can hear the blower but there is no air coming out of the vents.Is there a fuse that controls this?Also the switch that controls the blower only worked on the highest setting but. cold air always came out of the vents. Could a switch be gone?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

On the passenger side of the top of the dash, there should be a panel that can be lifted out. Under it should be a vacuum operated piston that opens and closes the blending door.
Check to see if it's working.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
97 E150, The air conditioner is working but the air is not blowing out of the dash vents. I set it on max AC and turn the knob to the coldest setting, I
can hear the blower but there is no air coming out of the vents.Is there a fuse that controls this?Also the switch that controls the blower only worked on the highest setting but. cold air always came out of the vents. Could a switch be gone?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Sounds like you have a bad resistor. The resistance coil reduces voltage to the fan motor to slow down the fan speed. The resistor is bypassed on high speed, and applies 12 volts to the fan motor. I don't know where the resistor is located in a van. It used to be mounted in the ductwork on the older trucks.

Found the panel

On the passenger side of the top of the dash, there should be a panel that can be lifted out. Under it should be a vacuum operated piston that opens and closes the blending door.
Check to see if it's working.

I opened the panel, can move piston manually and air comes out but
will not work by the switch . Will keep looking.

Thank you for the info. Gremlin

m78, I am going to check the local dealer for a replacement switch, for now
will disconnect the arm of the vacuum piston and hold it to get some air.

Ford Truck Articles