Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty: What To Expect

2011_Ford_F-250_Super_Duty.jpg

More Here...

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
What would make a truck manufacturer (or any manufacturer) do this?...

...major powertrain change is the likely end of manual transmissions...
Other than that, it seems like a revised model of whats on the road right now. (Which is NOT one of my favorite body styles)

blacksnapon

Staff member
What would make a truck manufacturer (or any manufacturer) do this?...

Other than that, it seems like a revised model of whats on the road right now. (Which is NOT one of my favorite body styles)
The automatics have progressed over the years to the point where the gap between convenience and reliability/toughness is non-existant. When you are cutting costs at a corporate level, it makes sense to drop something that is used in a very few units.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
That's alright...That Harley is a nice lookin truck. I'd love to get back into a superduty but they all have one giant flaw...

They don't fit in my garage and that is muy importante to me. For the right deal I might be able to overlook it..But I dunno

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
The Super Duty's keep getting uglier. This does not seem to reverse the trend.

Subtract the manual trans, and I won't be buying one. Period. (Don't bother- I know the new autos are very, very good. I don't care.)

*Side note- I was bored online the other day, and happened over to the "Build your own Super Duty" section of Ford's website. I hadn't realized the additional cost of the 6.4 diesel was over $10,000 before...

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Speaking of Goose's truck...pics can be decieving- is the main body color the same dark blue as other '05 Super Duty's, or is it a unique shade to the Harley trucks?

Back to topic...on looking at a few more of the pics closely, there is one detail I do like- the wheels aren't too big. I don't like big wheels much. (For street use I don't get too excited about big tires, either, but it's the 20" wheels on trucks that really bug me.)

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Well isn't a little soon to be talking about what the 011 truck will be like.
is there any truth behind this or is it pure speculation?

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Looks like they addressed that gawd-awful front end. I see the V10's history- another shock (not). The manual thing isn't a surprise- that's just a non-starter in new trucks anymore. If you think about it, the guys that complain the most about not being able to get a manual are the least likely to buy a new truck in the first place. Actual manual transmission sales in GM was under 3% when they pulled the plug on it.

Michigan
Me myself i love the looks of the new front end. Especially if it dont have the chrome grille or chrome grille inserts. Love the way the all back F450 looks. Gives me chills when i see one drivin down the road. I WANT ONE!

Looks like they addressed that gawd-awful front end. I see the V10's history- another shock (not). The manual thing isn't a surprise- that's just a non-starter in new trucks anymore. If you think about it, the guys that complain the most about not being able to get a manual are the least likely to buy a new truck in the first place. Actual manual transmission sales in GM was under 3% when they pulled the plug on it.

My dad has been thinking about getting an F250 Lariat FX4 with a 6.4L and the 6 speed, looks like he's stuck with the auto now.

Ford Truck Articles