Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Motorcraft full synthetic diesel oil

blacksnapon

Staff member
Motorcraft is pleased to announce the launch of Motorcraft SAE 5W-40 Full Synthetic Diesel Motor Oil. Motorcraft Full Synthetic Diesel 5W-40 is now available.

Owners who seek the very best for their vehicle will prefer Motorcraft CJ-4 Rated SAE 5W-40 Full Synthetic Diesel Oil because it:

Provides rapid lubrication and increased flow for cold weather start ups
Resists viscosity and thermal breakdown even at higher temperatures
Protects exhaust after-treatment devices
Provides exceptional soot control which protects against abrasive wear and oil thickening
Is recommended for diesel engines which require ultra low sulfur diesel fuel
Competition for this product is very limited; most full synthetic diesel 5W-40 oils are not CJ4 Rated.

Ford Customer Service Division appreciates your business. We are dedicated to providing you and your customers the best service and quality products designed, engineered, and recommended by Ford Motor Company.

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Motorcraft is pleased to announce the launch of Motorcraft SAE 5W-40 Full Synthetic Diesel Motor Oil. Motorcraft Full Synthetic Diesel 5W-40 is now available.

Owners who seek the very best for their vehicle will prefer Motorcraft CJ-4 Rated SAE 5W-40 Full Synthetic Diesel Oil because it:

Provides rapid lubrication and increased flow for cold weather start ups
Resists viscosity and thermal breakdown even at higher temperatures
Protects exhaust after-treatment devices
Provides exceptional soot control which protects against abrasive wear and oil thickening
Is recommended for diesel engines which require ultra low sulfur diesel fuel
Competition for this product is very limited; most full synthetic diesel 5W-40 oils are not CJ4 Rated.

Ford Customer Service Division appreciates your business. We are dedicated to providing you and your customers the best service and quality products designed, engineered, and recommended by Ford Motor Company.

VERY interesting. Whats the difference in price between this and regular oil?

Gunner

VERY interesting. Whats the difference in price between this and regular oil?

Gunner

I think this line says it all:
Owners who seek the very best for their vehicle will prefer Motorcraft CJ-4
Aged in Oak barrels, til it reaches its peak of aroma and flavor, a light boquet for discriminating tastes... I hear that line, and I think of the Rolls/bentley crowd, who could stuff their mattresses with money, were it not they would have to go thru the work and inconvenience of the STUFFING procedure!
I'm sure it's excellent stuff. I just hear press releases like that and can hear the cash registers ring (for you young pups, cash registers used to have "bells" instead of "BEEPS")

What are the projected service intervals, say, on the 6.0 compared to Dino?

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
At this point, all I've seen is the dealer price.

What would be the dealer price on that? That way I can see if I'm getting plucked like a chicken ;)

Gunner

Hey... in a related question, is there a way to override the "change oil soon" light when you're running extended-drain interval oil?

just a nuisance light, lol... no biggie other than the occasional comment from the passenger seat, "When you gonna change your oil???"

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
DAMN. That comes to just about 20 dollars a gallon at DEALER cost........Methinks I'll just stick with the Dino..........

Gunner

Ford Truck Articles