Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Oil Change Intervals

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Is it safe to take a trip on the LSD fuel? :p

Yes, it is safe... can;t believe you asked???

The issue is for people that run LSD all the time and use the newer CJ4 oil.

A tank here and there is no big deal.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
I try and change my oil at 3000 mile interval, but i always end up going over. now that i dont have a job, my truck is neglected, My parents dont see a reason to change the oil. But the jeep gets one ever 3000 miles, about 2 months of driving.

Im going to get scodled for this, But its getting changed this weeked.
i changed my oil in july. My truck got parked because of burnt up transmission in august. I didnt drive it until january. im way past the 3month mark and 2k miles passed the 3k mark.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Yes, it is safe... can;t believe you asked???

The issue is for people that run LSD all the time and use the newer CJ4 oil.

A tank here and there is no big deal.
Ah, this was TONY talking. So, ah, the LSD he's reffering to is NOT a petroleum disstilate, I don't think. I ain't never had or made any myself.

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
Oil Change Today

A few weeks ago I posted the picture of my Ranger turning over 150K miles. Today, I changed the oil in it, and thought it was
interesting to see the color of the oil (at 3877 miles), and how much it has consumed. In the pictures, the screwdriver shows
where the oil level was the last time it was changed, using 4.5 QUARTS. There has been no oil added since it was
changed. I bought the truck with 36K miles on it, and since owning it, I've always maintained it myself, using the following:

1) Motorcraft or Purolator PAPER air filters (changed once a year)
2) ONLY Motorcraft oil filters, changed every oil change
2) Castrol GTX 5W30 (dino), changed between 3K and 4K miles

268857471_mYoo2-X2.jpg

268857445_MyzrX-X2.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts