Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Who still "works" their 73-79's??

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
I know that alot of them are show/mud/pulling trucks nowadays that have been all redone and restored and shined up and what not, but i still use my 77 and im wondering who else out there still works there....post up pics of em bein used....

Ill start...

77 F250 Towing my 30 Ft 6500lb 2012 salem travel trailer....

578617_10150954029755968_504405967_12673657_923773579_n.jpg

Doesnt do bad for a stock 400M with a C6 and 3.07 gears.

Last edited:

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Mine still works. General hauling and towing, whatever I need. I might have a working pic or two in my gallery.

That's a nice looking '77!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I know that alot of them are show/mud/pulling trucks nowadays that have been all redone and restored and shined up and what not, but i still use my 77 and im wondering who else out there still works there....post up pics of em bein used....

Ill start...

77 F250 Towing my 30 Ft 6500lb 2012 salem travel trailer....

578617_10150954029755968_504405967_12673657_923773579_n.jpg

Love, love, love this.....my favorite dent pics, believe it or not are the ones in which I see them working....same if I see them on the road. I get more excited when I see a working dent than when I see a show one.

Pretty cool! Can't wait to see more working dent photos!!! smilieFordlogo

These trucks were made to work!

primetime

sawmill slave
I always thought these trucks would look good with Gen 9 wheels, and yours does Workin Rig.

No more hauling a 12,000 lb grading tractor and trailer day in and day out for 25 years. Now just the soft life a 6,700 lb 26ft 5th-wheel trailer and my fat butt 6 miles to work daily.smilieFordlogo

FTE13_001.jpg

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Just goes to show, 'The Best Never Rests' here in Ohio Historical plates along with classic car insurance save on out of pocket cost,protect my cash value investment,but prohibit "working the vehicle" generally speaking" I love seeing these ol rigs still on the job! Nice 77!! besides ide rather work the Other truck..hehe and keep the Ford from risk. ya gotta do what, ya gotta do smilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
340B said:
No more hauling a 12,000 lb grading tractor and trailer day in and day out for 25 years. Now just the soft life a 6,700 lb 26ft 5th-wheel trailer and my fat butt 6 miles to work daily.smilieFordlogo

Haha...."Like" button...a lot!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
BuzzGun79 said:
Just goes to show, 'The Best Never Rests' here in Ohio Historical plates along with classic car insurance save on out of pocket cost,protect my cash value investment,but prohibit "working the vehicle" generally speaking" I love seeing these ol rigs still on the job! Nice 77!! besides ide rather work the Other truck..hehe and keep the Ford from risk. ya gotta do what, ya gotta do smilieFordlogo

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've got a couple pics somewhere around of Red hauling a load to the scrap yard, another load to the dump and another with a load of firewood. Quick look in my gallery says they're in my photobucket.

Great topic for a thread Workin' Rig. Also you have a very nice looking 77 and with the new trailer adds up to a great looking combination.:cool:

Also Ken I am happy you were able to use the "Like" button a lot. YelloThumbUp

One typical work day in the life of my truck. The good part was that there was a lot of them over the years and my old dent was very faithful to me and my business.:)
Ranger20.jpg

Last edited:

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Thanks guys for the love for my old 77...she is in pretty good shape, its got a lil rust and a few dents but still in great shape for a unrestored 77...it actually just turned 100,000miles :).

I tow that camper all over with it, havent gone super far yet with it but i think itll do good. The biggest issue im having is with the carburator (it needs a rebuild bad, it is running pig rich to the point it wants to stumble and stall under certain conditions, but is fine 90% of the time :) ), also i kinda wish it had atleast some 3.54 gears, but all in all it does damn good :)

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Great topic for a thread Workin' Rig. Also you have a very nice looking 77 and with the new trailer adds up to a great looking combination.:cool:

Also Ken I am happy you were able to use the "Like" button a lot. YelloThumbUp

One typical work day in the life of my truck. The good part was that there was a lot of them over the years and my old dent was very faithful to me and my business.:)
Ranger20.jpg

likebutton.png

likebutton.png

likebutton.png

Can't get any better than a yellow dent pulling yellow construction equipment! smilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
fatherdoug said:
Not exactly working,........ but it did haul the camp trailer 200 miles from 3200 ft to 8500 ft.

Dang Doug, I thought you had a trailer queen! :(

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Dang Doug, I thought you had a trailer queen! :(

That's like the bumper sticker that says, "If you see this vehicle on a trailer, call the Police; It's being stolen."

ALL my vehicles earn their keep. :D

Just out of curiosity W'R....what do you get for gas mileage pulling your trailer and empty?

Ken.. thank you for more "Likes" on the old truck.:)

Doug... nice picture of your truck camping with your camp trailer. It makes me wish we still had the old tent-trailer as they were just so much fun to camp in.:)
FTF19.jpg

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Just out of curiosity W'R....what do you get for gas mileage pulling your trailer and empty?

Ken.. thank you for more "Likes" on the old truck.:)

Doug... nice picture of your truck camping with your camp trailer. It makes me wish we still had the old tent-trailer as they were just so much fun to camp in.:)
FTF19.jpg

Thank You, Randy. I agree on the popup. We also have an 18' that we use, but when I go for short, unplanned trips, the popup is so much easier to just hook up and go.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
That's like the bumper sticker that says, "If you see this vehicle on a trailer, call the Police; It's being stolen."

ALL my vehicles earn their keep. :D

I want that bumper sticker! I need one for my Harley, too, because it never gets trailered anywhere!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I want that bumper sticker! I need one for my Harley, too, because it never gets trailered anywhere!

Can't put one on mine cause although she's not a trailer queen, she's pretty close and only comes out on decent days (no rain) and just use it for tooling around town for errands and such. :wasntme:

Ford Truck Articles