Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Project 351

Michigan
Well here is where il post some questions that i have about rebuilding my motor. Its a 351 W out of a 95 ford bronco. I hydrolocked and im planning on building it up.

My goal is for better than stock. Future plans are....

-Block Fluxed
-Block Bored .030 over and honed
-SVT Lightning Connecting Rods
-Pistons (IDK yet)
-Possibly a new crank (Havent checked out mine yet)
-Everything Rebalanced
-Camshaft

So the first question i have is what pistons? I found ones that i kinda like but not 100 percent sure they will work with my app. Heres the link.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=UEM-KB124030-8&autoview=sku

This is what the application says...

Make FORD
Engine Type V8
Liter 5.8
CID 351
Engine Size 5.8L/351
Beginning Year 1971
Ending Year 1997
Engine Family Ford small block Windsor
Rod Length 5.956 in.
Stroke 3.500 in.
Application Notes 9.500 in. deck. Piston/pin weight: 621/143g. 1970 and earlier blocks have 0.020 in. shorter deck height and do not provide adequate stock for squaring or decking the block.

Next question is the rods that im looking to get, the guy said they are already balanced. But aint it balanced to his crankshaft? And will i need to get them re balanced to mine?

I don't see any reason why those pistons won't work, and by balanced I think he means that the rods all the same weight.

Those pistons look good. I'd suggest heads if I didn't already know how much it costs to put them on an EFI motor.. besides the cost of the heads I mean.:rotz:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts