Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford Windstar no start/no crank

Fellro

Staff member
My brother in law picked up a Windstar that they said died while driving, kind of like the key got turned off. When I checked it out this weekend, the interior lights flash as if the controller is doing it, and other things that make me believe that it has a PATS issue. So pretty much, how do we verify that, and then how to fix it... The battery has been dead as well to add to it. I did find there is a service bulletin for it...

blacksnapon

Staff member
My brother in law picked up a Windstar that they said died while driving, kind of like the key got turned off. When I checked it out this weekend, the interior lights flash as if the controller is doing it, and other things that make me believe that it has a PATS issue. So pretty much, how do we verify that, and then how to fix it... The battery has been dead as well to add to it. I did find there is a service bulletin for it...
OK, not knowing the year of it, I've run into that once before. Essentially, you've got a programming/configuration issue. Mine was a BCM issue. The lights flashing is a tell-tale that something isn't programmed. The battery issue probably caused it.

Fellro

Staff member
I'll have to ask the year, but that was my indication as well. The previous owner said they were driving along and it just shut off, and they have never been able to get it going again. They also never took it anywhere...

It is a 2003, just got word back.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I'll have to ask the year, but that was my indication as well. The previous owner said they were driving along and it just shut off, and they have never been able to get it going again. They also never took it anywhere...

It is a 2003, just got word back.
I'd start by looking at grounds and connectors (particularly on the GEM module).

Fellro

Staff member
That be the one under the dash, or under the hood? (fuse box) I haven't dealt with this kind of thing, and I know my BIL will have no clue... ;)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts