Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Thinking about putting a Ford motor in My 37 Chevy p/u

I will have to admit I do have one Chevy in the fleet,it belonged to my great uncle and if I did not take it it would have been made into washing machines or other metal products by now,the 235 six I rebuilt has a rod knocking so even though I have a couple extra 235s I am seriously thinking about dropping a 302 and c-4 down in it. I am going to pull the 235 out in a few weeks and do have a 351-C that I will measure to see how it wil fit but thinking a 289/302 might be a better fit sinced it has a very narrow engine compartment.

I am going to pull the motor apart to see what went wrong,the motor has less then 10,000 miles and would hate to scrap it but something is wrong. I do know the rattle is coming from #2 cylinder and most likely the rod since the oil pressure has been getting a little lower,I think the crank was just polished so I hope getting it turned and a new set of bearings will fix it. I really do want to put a Ford motor in it since I am tired of seeing SBCs in where they do not belong.

Ford Truck Articles