Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Seat belts

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
My shoulder harness belts don't seem to "catch" when I extend them all the way out and then back in order to secure my son's car seat in tight. Is that normal for these old belts or do I have something wrong with mine. I see LMC actually has replacement shoulder harness belts for $200. If I do have something wrong, is there a way to fix them or should I just go with the replacement. My belts are black, so at least a replacement from LMC will match and I don't have to worry about certain colors.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Mine seem to catch all the time. Taking a sharp turn, they catch. Stoping quickly, they catch. If anything, I always thought these old belts seemed more sensitive than newer ones.

If you still have the original belts, it might not hurt to replace them anyway. It is said that the belt itself weakens over time. Good that yours are black. Mine, with Explorer package, are green. I'll never find those!

Would it be unsafte to put the child seat in the center and secure it with the lap belt?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm with Steve, mine catch at every opportunity.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts