Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Howdy...

Trucker_Eric

Mechanically Inclined
im new here, my name is Eric, my CB handle is "Pete", either one you can call me. im 17 years old, i drive a 1998 Ford Ranger 4x4, i love it to death although its not running now. um, i love music, particularly classic country from 1970 on back to the 50's and 40's. i am into nitro powered rc cars and music, and working on cars. im in the auto tech class at my school, and i know alot more than most people might think.

if you have any questions, please ask me, and ill answer to the best of my knowledge. (how hard could that be? i think i know myself... or do i...)

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
That's a beauty of a rig there Pete, welcome to the forums..

Welcome Eric/Pete. :)

We already have an Eric so we might just wind up callin ya Pete. :p

Trucker_Eric

Mechanically Inclined
im in Cape Coral outside of ft myers. you can call me pete or eric, i have no preference. that rig is the driver of gravedigger monster truck. i took that picture when monster jam was in naples at the florida sports park this year.

Trucker_Eric

Mechanically Inclined
thanks guys for the welcoming. i figured i would join this instead of being on all different kinds of forums, for my ranger, and other trucks. so i joined here after googling classic ford forums, lol, im in the market for a 1979 ford f150

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Welcome to FTF- glad to have you.

What's up with the Ranger- why ain't it running?

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
thanks guys for the welcoming. i figured i would join this instead of being on all different kinds of forums, for my ranger, and other trucks. so i joined here after googling classic ford forums, lol, im in the market for a 1979 ford f150

hmm looks like google is working for us!!:flag:

welcome to the site!!!:beer: if you have any questions at all let us know, post up and post often

do you happen to like grabber green?

Trucker_Eric

Mechanically Inclined
ok, well, thanks for the welcoming. as some of you may seen my 79 post, i am into cheap trucks. "Danger Ranger" was one of them cheap trucks. my dad bought it for me from a guy at his work for 500 bucks, it runs, but the engine is no longer in it.

the oil pump went bad, which wasnt really the case, but we pulled the engine because the way rangers of my year were set up, the a frame for the 4x4 is right under the oil pan, and everyone knows the oil pump is in the oil pan of above i. so we pulled the engine, took out the oil pump, and omg, that thing was so clogged with sludge i couldnt believe it still ran when we parked it. the guy NEVER had the oil changed in it, and 126k miles later, you end up with a **** load of sludge clogging the oil pickup tube and the oil pump cannot pump what wasnt coming. so, 1 year and a half later, it still isnt fixed, and we have a potwential gold mine of a truck, blue book value on it is like around 3k, bought it for 500, invested NOTHING in it so far, except my bad *** floor mats i got from autozone, and while the engine is out we are cleaning it up and rebuilding parts, injectors, giving it a tune up, doing the water pump and water return line, and a whole bunch of stuff, for me to drive once i get my license in november.

Ford Truck Articles